Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Existential anxiety

dreamycafelover May 29th, 2016

I feel so angry at myself because I don't know why I even exist. I don't know what I love to do. I don' know what I want to do. Graduated college landed on a job and all. But I still feel incomplete.. it's so hard for me to be happy at anything..What am I even living for?

gingerfluff May 29th, 2016

Bear with me here.. this might sound extremely cheesy, but what I've found that works for me personally is to try and live life in the moment. Step out of your comfort zone. Be spontaneous.

There's no doubt that if you wake up, eat, go to work, eat, sleep every single day, you'll feel like you're some kind of robot and that SUCKS.

Try new hobbies and see if you like any of them enough to turn it into a lifelong passion. Try new foods, take new routes from home to work, maybe treat yourself every once in a while and go to a spa or masseuse.

Again, for me, life's about the journey, not the destination. Enjoy the ride while you're still on it, I suppose.

I hope I've helped you. :)

gingerfluff May 29th, 2016

@gingerfluff

Forgot to mention, here are some good list examples.

Here, here, and here.

Harry53 May 29th, 2016

@dreamycafelover Discovering what makes one's life meaningful is not always easy and can take time. There's no reason to give up or to feel hopeless yet. If you've had any fantasies about what would make your life more meaningful or fun I suggest that you explore them and do your best to remain open to new experiences.