Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Exam anxiety

quietNickel1872 April 23rd, 2023

I am having exams in a week and i am feeling so numb like i know i am very anxious inside but outside i think i am okay. I am trying to cry....i dont know it feels so weird to not feel stress about your exam and actually study hard for it. I am rather just constantly trying to convince myself that exams are important , and i should study hard but something is not working. I am trying to listen to songs but still i am not able to calm myself. I am not able to sleep. Please help

innateJoy9602 April 23rd, 2023

@quietNickel1872

I tend to get anxious before exams as well.

For me, I like to set a timer and study for about 20 minutes and then take a break.

I think the intervals helps with procrastination and overall not getting as distracted or loose focus!💜

quietNickel1872 OP April 24th, 2023

Thankyou i'll try my best. This means alot!

MayMeeHellooo April 23rd, 2023

@quietNickel1872 It sounds really hard to go through this! Exams really are a struggle for many people and feeling nervous means that you're really trying your best!

quietNickel1872 OP April 24th, 2023

Yeah it seems like but i think i aint trying too much.

Also weird but i am oversleeping so much that it is giving me headache everyday. I am not able to sleep less than 10 hours and my eyes and head are still paining from past few days. I dont know this worries me more than my exams now.

Yourgoodfriendd April 25th, 2023

@quietNickel1872

i'm sorry to hear that you're feeling numb and anxious about your upcoming exams. It sounds like you're struggling with the pressure to perform well and the fear of not living up to your expectations.

First of all, it's important to recognize that it's normal to feel anxious before exams, and it's okay to not feel okay. It's important to take care of yourself during this time, both physically and mentally. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and taking breaks when needed. Taking care of your physical health can have a positive impact on your mental health.

It's also important to recognize that studying hard for your exams is important, but it's equally important to take breaks and give yourself time to relax and recharge. Try to set small achievable goals for your study sessions, and reward yourself after you achieve them. This can help you feel more motivated and focused.

Additionally, try to reframe your thoughts about exams. Instead of focusing on the fear of failure, try to focus on the opportunity to learn and grow. Remember that exams are just one aspect of your academic journey, and they don't define your worth or intelligence.

If you're still struggling, it might be helpful to talk to a trusted friend, family member, or counselor about how you're feeling. They can offer you support and help you work through your anxieties.

Remember to take care of yourself, and don't be too hard on yourself. You can get through this!

quietNickel1872 OP April 25th, 2023

Thankyou for taking out time and replying to this. I'll take better care of myself and do my best. Thanks for the suggestions.