Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bullying

raininglillies13 June 28th, 2021

Hi, so I'm somewhat depressed and really anxious right now. I work in the hospitality industry and I feel like my coworkers are out to get me fired. One of them keeps backstabbing me, the other two don't listen, one uses my log in info and so I get blamed for their mistakes. The manager yells at me and instantly blames me for everyone elses mistakes. I'm not one to say i never make mistakes. I always own up to them. I'm just getting so tired of being the scapegoat. I made a post on this a while back and you guys responded so nicely. I thank you for that. Right now, I'm facing getting yelled at about something I was told I could do - by a manager (If the guest came from far away) and now I'm facing also getting yelled at about someone who fooled me into thinking that the guests were emts etc. I'm losing my hope in people. I have an amazing husband, but everyone else keeps just backstabbing me, throwing me under the bus, etc. I know I can't change people but, at this job I feel like I pick up Alot of the slack.. no one cares though. I've always been nice, and its hard to change that part of my personality. I just feel ... bullied.

Clemete June 28th, 2021

Hello. I'm sorry to hear about the hard times you are having at work. It's kind of hard to give any concrete advice without knowing more but I'll share that I remember a co-worker who I really didn't see eye to eye with on a lot of things. Sometimes differences of opinion on something at work would make me really upset and I'd feel upset for much longer than I wanted to. So then, I took a step back and said instead of getting upset, I'm going to just go nicely explain what is bugging me and work out a compromise. And I found that they were very receptive to that and I by having a friendly conversation I avoided the anger and frustration and began working better with them. Now I think my situation is probably a lot different but I wonder if there is something you could do that might not be obvious at first. Maybe kindly communicating to the right person that you feel depressed or like a scapegoat because of X Y and Z that has been happening. You'd have to be the judge because I don't know the people you work with. I hope that things pick up for you and you are treated more kindly. Wishing you much happiness ahead.

raininglillies13 OP July 2nd, 2021

@Clemete

Hii thank you so much for sharing as well, it has crossed my mind to maybe go to the higher up manager and let him know in the calm way that you expressed. I'm learning that I do tend to get upset over stuff they do probably way longer than I should! I think if I can't solve it myself or get them to stop I will either try to communicate with them or go over their heads to the boss. Thank you so much for the wishes, same to you!! It's good to know I'm not alone and that others have had similar work issues. <3