Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety in the Workplace

Kestrel01 April 5th, 2021

Im a doctor and have been feeling the burnout lately. With the pandemic numbers still rising, it seems lile we're back to square one. Im more scared of this year than last year. So fearful despite wearing level 3 ppes, I worry that I might bring home the virus, infect my mother/my daughter. So tired of seeing the news daily, learning that friends, acquaintances, co workers, doctors, nurses, mentors, getting sick, and even worse, news of dying. Its hitting close to home/workplace since most infected are people whom i know. Its so tiring, frustrating, really really scary. 😩

Clemete April 6th, 2021

First, thanks for all that you are doing to help people during this pandemic! Second, I'm sorry to hear of the feeling of burnout. I can only imagine what it has been like. A lot of the things that you listed are things that are good to worry about, the safety of families and friends and coworkers. Maybe focusing on the things that you are doing to keep them safe, like wearing the PPE. It's a concrete action that helps protect your loved ones. It's hard to look at the news and wonder where things might go, however, it sounds like you are doing your part with what you have control over. A friend of mine said "not my monkeys, not my circus" when feeling overwhelmed to remind themselves that they are not responsible for, nor in control of everything and do they shouldn't feel obliged to carry the burden. Do what you can and then try to let the rest go and look to spending happy moments with loved ones. I hope something in there might be helpful. I really appreciate the care everyone is providing to each other right now. I hope you feel some relief in the days and months ahead.

Kestrel01 OP April 6th, 2021

Hi thanks for replying.. I liked what your friend said, "not my monkeys, not my circus". True its really overwhelming at times especially when you go off duty. And the rest that you said..it surely hit the dot, as earlier something got me triggered, someone on a diff social platform is advocating the use of a certain drug, not approved by the FDA, WHO etc etc.. again as you've said let the rest go. I feel like i shouldn't be caring too much πŸ˜… and just mind my own family. But thank you again for your kind words I appreciate it.πŸ™