Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety about school and family

Pinkpink10 September 19th, 2017

I have a lot of anxiety about getting into medical school. And I'm also worried about my mother, who seems to be getting addicted to benzodiazapenes. Your support is welcome and greatly appreciated as I go through all this.

LeetheUnicorn September 20th, 2017

@Pinkpink10

Sound like you have a lot going on right now! Firstly I want to say that I am glad that you have reached out for help! Anxiety is hard to deal with for sure, school is a stressful and anxiety provoking time for many and med school I could imagine would be even more stress and anxiety provoking. My question for you is what coping skills have you tried for the anxiety? Does anything even help the slightest?

Sorry to hear about your mom possible being addicted to medication. That probably doesn't help with your anxiety either I bet! From my knowledge that kind of addiction can be very hard to treat. Do you think talking to your mom directly might help in your situation right now? Sometimes talking to them and asking what you can do for them or if they want help can be helpful. I really hope if your mom is addicted that she gets some support for that!

Pinkpink10 OP September 20th, 2017

@Eccho Thank you so much. I try to exercise, read, or watch YouTube videos.

As far as my mom goes, I don't know if talking to her about it would be the best thing because I don't want to make her feel guilty. We're very close, and I know that she's doing her best and she knows I support her. Ultimately, I know that it's not my responsibility to solve her and my dad's problems. It's just hard with all the other stress I have going on right now.