Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety about my parents health

unassumingJar1322 January 2nd, 2022

Hi,

It is happening again. I dont think it is just anxiety. Right now what I feel is not just anxiety. I feel the world is sinking and i dont gave anyone but myself to handle and I know i will mess it up. My father is not feeling okay. May be it is just a common cold and having a nasal congestion but since the time os not good now. I dont know what to do? Or what to feel? All kinds of what ifs are filling my mind. I know I might be thinking too much but what if any of those scenarioes running in my mind comes through? How will I manage? I live in a remote location. My parents dont have contacts to any health office people. How will I manage to keep them okay if they face in physical difficulty? What should I do in this type of situation? What if he is not saying but suffering more from inside? What if what my mind says that I can not do anything is true? What if my parents need me and I am too busy with having these thoughts that I go numb and cant help them out? All these thoughts are killing me. Can please somebody talk to me or advise me something?

fruityPond7887 January 17th, 2022

@unassumingJar1322

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are overwhelmed with anxious thoughts. It's important to remember to breathe and take it a moment at a time. I think you should maybe search for some doctor's phone numbers to have just in case and just remember that everything is going to be okay. Worrying won't solve anything, it will just stress you out more. Make sure you take time to check in with your parents and see how they are feeling, but make sure you take care of yourself too. You have to be in good mental shape to take care of them too! You're okay ❤️