Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Afraid of staying home all day

Alkind00 February 22nd, 2019

Is anyone else feeling the same way? I don't know why but everytime i have to stay home all day for whatever reason/have nothing to do, let's suppose i'm sick or it's raining outside, i get anxiety that grows till almost getting a panic attack (which sometimes happened), i'm good at home, i have a lovely family, i'm trying but i don't get what's the reason behind it. Now even thinking about it makes me anxious, how can i/how do you cope with this?

Breezy8009 February 23rd, 2019

@Alkind00 honestly same. i would get certain things to do and if u have social media stay off of it. that

ReadBooksDrinkTea February 23rd, 2019

@Alkind00 Not quite, because I love being alone and worked at home for a virtual office for several years.

Could it be you have a form of "cabin fever"? It could feel similar to imprisonment if your surroundings don't change.

Does it help to step outside, even if to just the sidewalk?

Alkind00 OP February 23rd, 2019

@ReadBooksDrinkTea yeah, it'd make sense, it does help if i get outside, maybe i just can't stand being in the same place for too long. Actually i remember getting this type of anxiety first time when i was on a ship and i had to stay in this lounge for 10 hours, waiting for it to get where i was going, after that i kept getting anxiety attacks everyday, till it gradually went away after a couple days on its own.

ReadBooksDrinkTea February 24th, 2019

@Alkind00 I have a somewhat similar experience about staying in one place too long. Sometimes when I was working from home I'd have to find a cafe or something because my building was undergoing maintenance and I had no access to a bathroom or running water for a few hours/whole day/etc. I don't particularly like being "out" and like to be "inside" as much as possible. But after awhile I'll get super restless and have to go somewhere for a change of scenery. Ideally I want to return home ASAP but I get you in being in the same place for long periods of time irritates me.

Maybe taking breaks to walk, even just around the block might help? That might get boring too but at least you'll have some change of scenery. Good luck!!