Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Acting in the Face of Fear

MouKarai June 1st, 2017

"Just because fear is present, doesn

cosmicdreamer08 June 1st, 2017

@MouKarai I completely agree with all of that. Facing our fears is the only way we can get rid of them! Thank you for sharing this very informative post!

sail46 June 1st, 2017

Very good information. I do feel anxious in many situations, and try to refocus on the present which helps, but does take practice. Usually I have headphones listening to music when anxious. Waiting in a line of people without talking to someone is very difficult.. Once I start talking to someone my anxiety level will drop. smiley

Onni June 3rd, 2017

I like to use the "fake it to make it" ploy on myself when facing my fears. I find that *most* times after a bit time has passed, I am no longer "faking" it and... BOOM! Well, maybe not boom, but you get it. It's a great tool.

Zen Habits is one of my favourite blogs. Thank you for sharing.

cosmicdreamer08 June 4th, 2017

@Onni I read an article where the "fake it til you make it" method is very effective! I'm very happy that it worked out for you. 😊

MouKarai OP June 4th, 2017

@Onni Thanks for the input, Onni! Isn't it funny just how influential beliefs are? Change who you are by changing who you believe you are - a wonderful and effective motto.