Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Odd Anxiety : Fear of Kidnapping?

communicativeKiwi8917 September 3rd, 2015

Hello,

I have this odd fear that my own parents are going to kidnap me. I have always had high tensions with my family because they all have some form of addiction abuse, which growing up made my dad have a short fuse. I don't think that it helps that he has shown up places complete out of blue.. The only time I felt "safe" was when I was three province away. Any suggestions ? I almost feel lik I am brainwashed. Also I am an adult.

LoneWolfAshes96 September 3rd, 2015

That's a rational fear. I have a similar fear. Its linked to paranoia of course but I constantly think someone will break into my house when I am gone and rig everything, capture me and torture me then kill me. Like that movie the collector. Actually last night someone tried to break into our house and we all had to call the cops. The police were already searching the area for a suspicious suspect prior too out 911 call. But if you struggle with this, I suggest meditating and seeing a therapist. Also if it helps to be around people you know to feel safer do that too.