Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear of Teeth

JazzyTrumpeter August 7th, 2016

So like I have this terrible fear of teeth. Anything to do with teeth, jaws included. It's so bad that I don't brush my teeth because I just don't like teeth at all. Dentists are a nightmare and I absolutely hate it.

TallApple138 August 7th, 2016

@JazzyTrumpeter

I am sorry to hear that. How is it effecting the rest of your life?

JazzyTrumpeter OP August 8th, 2016

@TallApple138 well. I mean I don't haven't had a relationship that wasn't long distance in years so I guess the fact my teeth are bad could affect that. Um idk what else if could affect.

TallApple138 August 8th, 2016

@JazzyTrumpeter

Well atleast use mouth wash 3 times a day till we can solve this.

You can also ( once a month)rinse your mouth with coconut oil or baking soda water to natraully whiten them but not for to long since your teeth is weak.

Rinse your mouth with water every time after you eat, especially sugars.

Try eating raw vegetables like carrots. I heard eating crunchy food is good for your teeth.

Can't someone else brush it for you?

Otherwise you should have it all removed and replaced with fake teeth. 1. You might not feel weird brushing it 2. You can taje it oit and put it in something to clean it at night.

Or you should try to force yourself to do it for a little while everyday. Few seconds today? Little longer tomorrow. Get yourself use to it.

Since when do you have this fear? What do you think caused it m

Phthalo August 7th, 2016

It's going to be more of a nightmare if you let them rot though....pain, bleeding, looseness, surgery...

Would closing your eyes and being distracted while brushing help?

JazzyTrumpeter OP August 8th, 2016

@Phthalo I've tried that before, it just freaks me out. Seeing/messing with my teeth are a no.