Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear of Failure

maroonballoon September 22nd, 2015

I used to be easy going. I laughed when I failed a test, and I smiled when I didn't win a medal. Don't get me wrong. I cared about my grades and my accomplishments, but whenever I failed, I just said that maybe it was wasn't meant for me. I was okay with it. I tried harder the next opportunity that I got.

But lately, everything I cared about started crashing down. I used to be a president of my high school organizations. I used to be an honor student. I used to date this great great guy. I used to be so much more, but then I lost all of it in a span of a month. I cried. It honestly hurts. I tried joining another club; I was rejected. I auditioned for our track team; they said that they didn't think I was good enough.

I used to feel okay about failure, but nowadays, I'm fragile.

I feel like a failure.

People expect too much from me and I don't know how to handle it. I want to please them and to prove to myself that I am not, but how can I do that when nothing is going right?

September 22nd, 2015

How do you feel in general ? People who don't feel well feel pressure from every aspect of their life, even the littlest one, so I can understand what you're talking about. How long you've been feeling like everyone expects from you very much ?

braveOak6100 September 22nd, 2015

Everyday I feel like I am failing someone and they all expect me to be doing twice the amount of work or daily chorse ir activities that I do

Manga30 September 22nd, 2015

I'm sorry you feel this way. I understand exactly how it feels. You give 110 % all the time but people want 120% and dont ever stop to ask how your doing? If you have a bad day then everyone gets hurt and upset because your not caring for them. They just expect theyre needs to be met. Its so frustrating because when you ask for it they act like youre being mean.

TransAm85 September 22nd, 2015

I understand you completely. But you are still young, so you have time to learn that worrying about other people's input/opinion really won't matter in your future. I used to care so much what other people/friends thought when I was your age and it does put a lot of stress on a person. But .. when you turn 18 and get your own apartment and are going to college, will those people be paying your rent and phone bill? No. So don't worry about them. Put your all into school and your hobbies b/c that is what's going to make you succeed. Spending all day on Facebook isn't going to help. I know you have many goals. So .. go for it! :)