Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Needing Help With Panic Attacks

Golduck1988 April 10th, 2016

I've been having panic attacks a lot this year due to repressive memories coming back due to triggers bring these tramatic experiences back into my mind. I've been trying to do guided meditation to try and forget them but wanted to know if there are any good coping skills for this?

Any help is welcome.

unstuffing April 11th, 2016

@Golduck1988

Have you tried Grounding? I think it would be good for you bc it'll bring back to the here and now instead of caught up those memories.

Grounding is using your senses in order to guide your mind there. Be mindful of the great smell of a neighbor grilling out. You like your neighbors. You're happy to have them. Then listen, you may hear birds chirp, planes fly by, or others around you talking and laughing. You're sitting on a chair. Its sturdy and safe. Just like you are! Run you fingers through your hair as you relax and take in some wonderful fresh air...

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Jennalovely2 April 11th, 2016

@Golduck1988

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out!

Guided meditation is great! Doing things like deep breathing, taking walks, writing, drawing, listening to music, are all coping skills I use often. Hope you are well and you may find some of those helpful! If you ever need anything, feel free to send me a message! laugh

ashleyheyne April 11th, 2016

I need help with them too! I've been not feeling myself for a few months

unstuffing April 11th, 2016

@ashleyheyne

Girl, If you are intuned with your anxiety to the point of recognizing warnings that far ahead, the best thing you have to do is avoid all your triggers like freakin plague and go to your safe/happy place so you can process that anxiety in a healthier way than letting it built up til 'Here it comes! The Panic Attack has exploded!"