Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

new in town :)

limewizard1018 May 9th

hi there! :)

I tried 7 cups when i was younger but never really kept up with it, but I've been dealing with severe anxiety for as long as i can remember and i've seen the depths of depression more than once, and those things dont ever really go away on their own. so, im hoping to sorta catch them before they get worse again if that makes sense? i've heard over and over that you should take care of your mental health even when it isnt bad, and i think it about time i give it a try.

my anxiety has been ramping up a lot recently and sometimes it's really hard to figure out which thoughts are rational and which ones make no sense at all. i have a tendency to allow myself to spiral completely out of control and work myself into panic attacks over things that dont really deserve that much of my energy, so i'm hoping to find some coping mechanisms that work and share some of my own tricks and experiences in hopes i can help others while i'm at it :)

ASilentObserver May 16th

@limewizard1018 Welcome back Lime and glad to have you here with us. I am glad you reached out and opening up about your experiences with us. We are all here with you to listen to and support you. It seems like you are experiencing anxiety and depression that has lasted for a long time and you wanting to manage it better. It is good that you are aware of the importance of taking care of your mental health and willing to seek support. 

maia102 May 16th

@limewizard1018 

welcome back to 7 cups! I'm glad you've taken the effort to come back and try to work through the issues you're facing while trying to help others do the same too. all of us here at 7 cups are here for you, to listen to you and support you through your journey.

it seems like you've been experiencing anxiety and depression for quite some time, and that right now it kind of feels like your anxiety is taking over you. It's important to find the right coping mechanisms and grounding/relaxation techniques to deal with panic attacks, so I hope that 7 cups helps you with that.