Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

bff

moniS0 February 2nd

hi, im new hear and i just need to text myself out. 

i have a best friend, we share the same flat and we talk every night. we are reaally close (4years now). and now she is seeing someone, she probably likes him and he likes her too. they are just talking, no relationship yet. but im having anxiety that i might lose her. that she will spend time w him more and more and i wont be priority. i respect that she might find love. but the feeling being left behind is killing me. and i feel bad for being jealous or mean sometimes.. because she is with him and im home alone.

I have friends too, but i love spending time with her much more. maybe im somehow inlove w her, but i cant tell her because i know she wouldnt love me the same. 

Its really making me anxious.. but when she isnt with him im like so happy.. 

Jem7Cups February 3rd

Hey there! 😊

I totally get where you're coming from and the mixed emotions you're dealing with. It's completely natural to feel a bit anxious about the possibility of losing a close friend to a new romantic interest. It sounds like your friendship means a lot to you and you really value the time you spend together. But hey, relationships change and grow, and it's normal for people to form new connections in their lives.

The most important thing right now is to talk to your friend openly and honestly about how you're feeling. I know it can be tough, but it's vital for the health of your friendship. They might not have the same romantic feelings, but having a conversation about your emotions and worries will help you both understand each other better.

In the meantime, try to focus on nurturing your other relationships and finding activities that bring you happiness. It's important to have a balanced social life and not put all your happiness eggs in one basket. Remember, your worth and happiness aren't dependent on just one person in your life.

Take care of yourself, and I'm sending you all the best in navigating these complex emotions.
moniS0 OP February 3rd

thank u so much. i needed this kind of message🙏🏼🫶🏼

probably somehow i have to tell her my worries, i already did a little. but she said i should worry and then ignores me for hours being w him.. so im jealous and i know i shouldnt be.

kindheartedMango70 February 3rd

@moniS0 Hello!

I get how you are feeling, I went through a similar thing recently! Have you tried talking to your friend about how you are feeling? I talked to my friend about this and it really made me feel better :)

moniS0 OP February 3rd

im afraid..