Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What calms your anxiety down ?

EazyPezzy82 July 15th

I had anxiety for years and I’ve learned to calm myself down with music and going on walks.

BlueDarkAurora July 16th

@EazyPezzy82 Glad you've found things that help <3 I find walking helpful as well especially by the beach. Painting while listening to something nice helps as the whole process is very calming but only if I'm painting a small canvas xD 

akunknown July 16th

@EazyPezzy82 and @BlueDarkAurora

Yes! Music and walks are a great way to help! So is painting! As well as breathing/deep breathing, thinking good thoughts, having positive conversations with yourself where you tell yourself it’s not permanent only temporary it’ll go away just be calm and let the anxiety storm pass and then you’ll be 100% all good and things like that, staying calm, these are some things that helped me get through anxiety. Hope they help others too. 

Oh before I forget……therapy! If you’re completely open and honest with the therapist about everything then it’s only gonna benefit you because it’ll only help you. They’ll help diagnose you, treat you, give you ways to cope, etc. 

BlueDarkAurora July 19th

@akunknown Also listening to mindfulness meditation or affirmations helps. I usually listen to affirmations like this to help with anxiety  ^^

Anxiety Relief - Reprogram Your Mind (While You Sleep)

akunknown July 19th

@BlueDarkAurora

Yes listening to those can definitely help! Different things work for different people bc not everyone is same. Ultimately everyone needs to experiment with different things to find out what works for them :)

BlueDarkAurora July 19th

@akunknown true true ^^

Omar1985 July 17th

@EazyPezzy82

A cup of tea: My body can handle three cups of tea maximum. Too much caffeine exacerbates anxiety.

Exercise: I feel better during and after exercise for almost an hour. I wish it could last longer but that’s it.

Painting: Being in the zone helps a lot. But I can’t reach that state all the time.

Trips: these are the best, but trips are rare because everyone is busy nowadays.

Spending time with family and friends: same as trips, people are busy.

Oscarthecat3 July 19th

@EazyPezzy82

These are some really great ways to ground oneself, and to cope with anxiety!

Whenever I go on walks in nature I like to go through my 5 senses too; what can I see, smell, feel, hear and taste. It is an extra grounding technique on top of an already relaxing activity, and I've found it a great strategy when bogged down with anxious thoughts and feelings.

forcefulSouth3644 July 28th

@EazyPezzy82 ME TOO!