Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Starting therapy

peachYard7102 May 4th, 2023

Tomorrow I will talk with a therapist for the first time , im excited to finally talk with someone who can help but i feel very nervous and anxious about it , I dont know how it will go and i think I will start crying the moment I start share

Barltik2065 May 4th, 2023

@peachYard7102

I understand, feel the same way. Sometimes I am afraid to share because I am afraid I will cry and not stop. But that is me.
They are to be non-biased.
It is ok to cry, you are in a safe zone.

peachYard7102 OP May 4th, 2023

@Barltik2065 thank you , i really hope i will feel comfortable while talking

Barltik2065 May 4th, 2023

@peachYard7102

it takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day

quietNickel1872 May 4th, 2023

I hope you will feel better soon :)

peachYard7102 OP May 4th, 2023

@quietNickel1872 thank you :)

disappearedCompletely May 4th, 2023

I have been trying to reach out to therapists but it has been really difficult to put myself out there. I just want to say @peachYard7102 that I think you have a tremendous amount of courage to take that step. I pray it bears fruit in your conversations with your therapist.

peachYard7102 OP May 5th, 2023

@disappearedCompletely I really hope you find the courage to find soeone , thank you for your words i really needed the support

wishfulHero585 May 4th, 2023
@peachYard7102 I think that's so incredibly brave of you! Therapy takes work, and some time, but I really hope that it helps you feel better. It's normal to feel nervous and uncertain - I know I definitely was too when I first started. It definitely gets easier with time, and your therapist should support you through those feelings too! Crying is nothing to be ashamed of; therapy is a safe space for you to express yourself. I really hope it helps you, I wish you the best of luck! 🍀
peachYard7102 OP May 5th, 2023

@wishfulHero585 thank you ,i hope i get to feel safe there