Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Panic

ShortStuff772 March 1st

It seems every night this week I have been hit with bad panic attacks that over power my medication and I really hate that

Tinywhisper11 March 1st

@ShortStuff772 ohhh! If this doesn't settle down soon, please reach out to your doctor/psychiatrist perhaps they might go switch meds around, or give you something to ease this bad patch. Panic attacks are terrifying and can leave you quite confused and scared. I hope your around a family member of friend someone who can help ground you when the panic attacks start. Please be careful ❤ and try take care of yourself the best you can. Any idea why it's got worse this week?

ShortStuff772 OP March 1st

No idea why they have gotten so bad. There isn't any other medication I can be put on. I've had bad reactions to most. When they happen it's when my family are all asleep and I don't want to wake them up

gentleCamp5235 March 1st

@ShortStuff772 We are dealing with the same thing. I have panic disorder. it is a vicious cycle because once you have a bad panic attack, you start to become scared that it might happen again... and so it happens again and again because we are anticipating it. Currently I am scared to leave my house, drive my car, or even be home alone due to it. Are you seeing a therapist at all?

I see 3 different therapists they all specialize in different areas and I see a psychiatrist. I'm also afraid to be left alone

lovingRainbows2088 March 1st

@ShortStuff772

I am sorry that you are going through this is there any coping skills or self love practices that you like doing? While you wait to talk to your psychiatrist about changing medication. I know sometimes that when the medicine gets used to the body it sometimes doesn't work or does work.  Maybe the meds that you are taking now got used to your body. Was there any triggers that happened this week that is causing you to have panic attacks

Unfortunately there is a trigger and I can't avoid it. Its eating. Eating is a major trigger for panic attacks.