Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Monday Journal

StrawberryShaken August 19th

I went to the laundry (basement of apartment) and dumpster yesterday. On Friday, I went to the social security office with my boyfriend and rode a bus twice for that. I'm trying to make progress with my agoraphobia but it's very difficult. I did originally intend on walking to get a coffee yesterday or today but my IBS is flaring up really badly starting last night. I'm still not feeling good. But I'm so thankful for my boyfriend who's been so patient and supportive. I'm going to look for other events/outing ideas. I know I need to go to an X-ray appointment soon and I'd also need my debit card renewed but I'm having a hard time in general. Like I only feel fully safe at home (and spending too much time in the bathroom in public makes me embarrassed).

aren60 August 30th

@StrawberryShaken
Hi! It’s great that you’re pushing yourself, and it's understandable that the combination of agoraphobia and IBS makes things challenging. Give yourself credit for the progress you've made, like going to the social security office and doing laundry. Those are real steps forward. It’s okay to take things at your own pace, and if you need to rest because of your IBS, that's valid, too. Maybe consider small outings that feel more manageable, like a brief walk around the block or sitting in a quiet park, and continue building from there. It’s wonderful that you have such a supportive boyfriend by your side.

I have issues with IBS. I understand what you are going through. I've had it for many years. I think some foods that we consume may make it worse. I guess each person has to figure out which things to avoid. I know my anxiety definitely affects it. I'm so glad your boyfriend is so supportive. My boyfriend is too. I imagine it's hard for them to understand what we are going through. I'm glad to hear you are working on your agoraphobia. 🙂❤️