Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know what to do next

blueorchid1010 September 5th

My dad is most probably cheating on my mom, and the worst part is , only i know about this...

He cheated on her for 4 years..but eventually he ended his extra marital affair and they lived happily since then...but somedays back i saw on my dad's phone ..that she(his ex affair) still message him ..and he saved her number by the name 'honey'..

The audacity! I got very anxious and don't know how to deal with this feeling...if I'll tell my mom.. she'll go mad again...(Last time she became suicidal and left home)

I don't know what'll happen this time...

I can't tell my elder sister because she just got married and enjoying her honeymoon period... I don't want to take away that happiness from her..

I'm too afraid to talk to my dad on that matter because he has been the best father...he gave me his best..learnt parenting for me..took classes for academic so that i don't fall behind and he can teach me...but he is the worst husband to my mom..

I don't know what should i do next...

I meddled in between of them before too...but eventually i got hurt and my mom and my dad resolved their dispute... I don't want to face this situation again

PineTreeTree September 6th

@blueorchid1010 As upsetting as this is it sounds like you don’t know for sure this time if he is cheating. Also maybe the best thing is to accept that it’s maybe not your responsibility. Can you really come up with any scenario where interfering is safe and isn’t going to cause a lot of harm and pain? 

blueorchid1010 OP September 6th

I finally talked to my sister yesterday, she said she'll talk to my dad regarding this because he always listens to her rationally. Thank you so much @PineTreeTree 😊