Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to overcome anxiety

compassionateFriend6011 August 3rd, 2023

I never knew I had anxiety until I took a test. I am starting to realize that it is what has been affecting my marriage and relationship with my husband and family and friends. Does it ever get better? What can I do to change these moods?

cindyzheng1344 August 3rd, 2023

@compassionateFriend6011

I can relate to your experience. I didn't realize I had anxiety until I was in my early 20s. I was always the "stressed out" friend, but I thought it was just part of my personality. It wasn't until I started having panic attacks that I realized something was wrong.

I recommend speaking with your doctor. They can diagnose your anxiety and recommend treatment options. Also, make sure to eat a healthy diet and regularly exercise if you aren't doing so already. Exercising helped me release my stress and manage my anxiety.

compassionateFriend6011 OP August 4th, 2023

Thank you for your response! I scheduled me an appointment with my doctor!

hopefulPond6108 August 3rd, 2023

@compassionateFriend6011 You might want to read, “When Panic Attacks” by Dr. David Burns.

Thanks! I will definitely look into it. Anything to help at this point will be great! I appreciate it!

Can anxiety be triggered by insecurities?

StressedGirl August 4th, 2023

QUITE. DEF. I. NITELY! Not sure drs can diagnose anxiety (might need to be a psychiatrist). Not sure.

StressedGirl August 4th, 2023

Sorry, apprntly they (dr) can diagnose anxiety :)