Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

GAD newbie

amusingSummer1769 July 17th

Hi

I was diagnosed with major depression and GAD. It took me by surprise I was fine one day and then the next I was bed ridden with health anxiety, non stop racing thoughts. I started Lexapro 10 mg and Buspar and basically gave myself more anxiety by overthinking and expecting the worst. It’s like a never ending cycle. I know meds take time (been on them for three weeks tomorrow) but I have experienced new fears, derealization, fear I am going crazy, random panic attacks, fear of knives (which I don’t understand🙄) fear of kids screaming and the list just goes on. I just want to be my old self again. I miss myself. The adventurous, happy person that took risks, did mountain biking, did boxing and really had a beautiful life. Thank you for reading me. Looking for some encouragement.

Chem01 July 17th

@amusingSummer1769 

hey there..

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through this, but don’t worry! You’re on the right path to getting better.

I’ve basically dealt with these issues and completely understand what you’re going through. And I’m positive that you’ll recover from all of it as I have. And the old you will be back soon!

have you talked to you’re doctor about these symptoms after taking the medication? Because some medications have side effects that could happen to some people. So it’s better to tell your doctor about them so that the necessary adjustments will be made. I have taken different kinds of medication to find the right one. 

So hang in there. These times will pass so fast. And without even noticing, you’ll find yourself doing so much better.