Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

First step

zero0emotions 5 hours ago

I've been struggling with anxiety and depression for years and due to the lack of resources for professional help I kept everyrhing to myself. Now I am at my breaking point and I do not know how to cope anymore.

I made an appointment with a psychiatrist and I will be seeing her next week. I am not sure how or is it going to work. Any tips / suggestions and what to expect? I am feeling anxious already.

I see both a therapist and a psychiatrist and I found ones that listen to me and make me feel cared for. You should expect that, it’s their job. I’ve had therapists in the past that fell short, so don’t be afraid to find a new one if this one doesn’t sit well with you.

Best wishes and I hope it goes well. Good for you for finding a way to get the resources you need.

Also, for tips, for me it took multiple sessions to get the whole story out. Don’t interrupt the psychiatrist unless it’s urgent, and just let them lead the discussion if they want to. They know what they need to accomplish on the first visit.

Hugs.