Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Exam stress

exhausted10100 September 17th

This is my first time, ever posting about what worries me, and I'm a little scared, I hope that this is safe and will make things easier for me

I'm currently in the midst of preparing for a competitive exam, have been for the past 2 years, it's a grueling process. There is so much uncertainty in the exam, I don't have a vibrant social life as a result of it, haven't been able to study much for the past few weeks, am *** scared, because ei don't have a plan B, my family has high expectations of me.

I've been procastinating and feel bad for it. I tried, really tried to be self - compassionate but it feels weird and unnatural. I'm just so confused, lonely and burnt out

I've been in a terrible low mood, downward spiral, snappy and irritable, I'm usually not this kind of person. I want to feel better again, because right now I've lost interest in things

Ps : thanks for reading this

BlueDarkAurora September 17th

@exhausted10100 The fears are totally understandable<3

You've worked hard, a few weeks of not being able to focus properly won't take away the work that you've put in your preparation for the last two years. Your trying really does matter, self compassion feels unnatural cause we are so used to the negative self talk and blame, I'm glad that you are trying. Time and practice can make us unlearn old habits and learn new ones. I hope you get to let go atleast a little bit of the burden you feel from all the expectations. 

Your well being, your healthy state of mind matters so much more. Somethings that help me are going for a walk, if possible then talking to someone trustworthy, painting or just some breathing exercises, making a to-do list to be able to see all that I've managed to accomplish, not setting the expections too high for myself, knowing that it's okay.. all days won't be the same.

Life has beautiful ways of working out sometimes, I'm sure things will work out for you as well, let us both believe in that. Good luck, you'll do so well!

exhausted10100 OP September 17th

@BlueDarkAurora thank you so much, I didn't know there was a supportive community out there. Made my day a little bit better. I think there's a way to gently encourage myself instead of berating myself (the latter feels like constantly banging your head against a wall) thanks again for talking your time to read and reply , means a lot 

BlueDarkAurora September 17th

@exhausted10100 ofcourse<3 and yes I get that xD poor head needs some rest and bandaids with all that it puts itself through. Glad to have you here and so glad to know your day got a little better, I hope it keeps getting better and better :)