Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

med changes

Booklady February 12th, 2023

In the past 5 weeks, I've been through 6 med changes, either in the SSRI or the dose being upped or another medication added. This has been so hard. Lots of increased anxiety, panic attacks, physical side effects. One more dose increase to come tomorrow. This is a result of first seeing a psychiatrist in a short term crisis unit, then seeing a nurse practitioner at a mental health center, finally seeing a private practice psychiatrist. Saw her once so far, both med doses upped, upped again tomorrow, I hope for the last time. Anyone have any experience with this or any advice? I see the psychiatrist again in just under two weeks.

fruityPond7887 February 17th, 2023

@Booklady Hi! How are you? Wow, I can't believe how fast they are changing your medications. I know that you are seeing different medical providers, but they don't seem like they are giving it time to adjust to your body and for it to work. I know new medications can take 4-6 weeks to work, so I'm not sure why they are adjusting them constantly. I hope you are able to figure this out and find a medication that works for you! Good luck!

Meshack February 19th, 2023

@Booklady

That seems awfully fast... These docs don't take these meds themselves, if they did, they would prescribe them much differently. I don't even see the benefit in changing meds so fast, you don't have time to see what's doing what... Hang in there ☮️

fruityPond7887 February 20th, 2023

@Meshack Yeah I agree with you! The doctors aren't allowing the medications to work 😞

warmthAndUnderstanding6 February 21st, 2023

@Booklady I have a lot of experience with this and am currently in withdrawal from a medication and lowering another due to horrid side effects. It can be extremely uncomfortable. The biggest lesson I've learned is to advocate for myself in any way I can: knowing possible side effects, changing doctors if they're not truly great, etc. You can do this!