Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Moments of clarity occur at the odd moments - possible claustrophobia

I was at the gym today, pedaling on the stationary bike and I was thinking about my anxiety and what could be triggering it. And it finally hit me, I believe its some measure of claustrophobia. Generally I am not claustrophobic but the thought of being in a closed room with a running a/c unit does bring it up. As I thought it about it, I had similar feeling of anxiety when alone in some hotel rooms. I did some reading and found that clautrophobia is anxiety issue. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had claustrophobia and how did they deal with it. 

toughTiger6481 July 5th

@agreeableShade4304

Most of my best clarity ah-ha moments do happen when i am mindlessly doing something else.... 

I do not think I have claustrophobia but do have anxiety when I am alone in lets say a hotel room etc. 

it is good when we have these moments of what if it is this or that so we can re-frame our idea about what we can do.  

agreeableShade4304 OP July 6th

@toughTiger6481 Thanks and actually today I did find something that helps when it comes to being alone in a closed room. I found that keeping the blinds on the windows open allowing light and the outside scenery to be viewed does help ease the anxiety of being in a closed room.