Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

constant thoughts.

imsoconfused1022 June 24th

so I'm not sure if this is related to ADHD or not coz I haven't been formally diagnosed. However these thoughts are making me lose my mind. It isn't even like a single topic. It's anything and everything and every song that I've ever listened too, every thought that I've ever had at the same time. There's always some voice or my voice in my head or some music playing. the songs that I listen to often, I've memorized them whole(without being conscious of it) and it plays in my head while I'm doing any task. It's gotten to the point where I don't actually need to listen to music to feel how it felt to listen to it? Like if a song is stuck in my head I just "press" rewind in my head and the song plays from start to finish. If that makes sense to anyone. The worst part is I can't stop it for the life of me. This is the same with conversations, videos, patterns and what not. Even while I'm studying sometimes I realize that I'm having a conversation in my head all whole focusing on the numerical I'm solving or whatever I'm studying. Am I going crazy? Does anybody relate?

b00kishbard July 4th

@imsoconfused1022

This is totally a symptom of ADHD and I think a lot of people can relate to this, including myself. It sucks to never be able to turn off the brain chatter! For me, listening to lofi music or any more h cb i’ll music in the background of what I’m doing turns off the songs in my head and can help quiet my my thoughts. If this is a really big problem for you, you could consider using ADHD medication because I use that and it helps quiet my thoughts too. 

b00kishbard July 4th

whoops I meant to say any more chill music