Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not coping well.

CastorDarkHeart October 4th, 2017

I'm heavily debating going back on meds for my ADD.

I have bad issues with motivation. There's so many things I want to and need to do and all I can find myself doing is sitting and watching youtube or chatting with people etc. I've been doing writing prompts for october/halloween things figuring forcing myself to do one a day would help me get back into my writing and I can't seem to finish day 3. I'm getting frustrated with myself and with working as a paraprofessional at a preschool my days are tiring as hell and I feel overwhelmed by the lack of free time after school for myself. That's leaving me with again more lack of motivation to get things done. I hate it and I wish I didn't have to deal with this any more.

Sandipie July 26th, 2020

@CastorDarkHeart I TOTALLY get how you are feeling. Some days I can barely produce the work I need to do, even with meds. One thing that held me is a free website called Focus mate. You sign up for a 50 minute stint and Zoom on mute for that time. I also do sessions through an ADHD coach called focused with Kristen Carder. Good luck!!

healingWhisper June 24th, 2020

@CastorDarkHeart

Thank you for sharing this here. Hopefully by now you are feeling better :)

pcseeya June 25th, 2020

@CastorDarkHeart I think that if the meds helped you you should go back on them because they help me.