Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sooo what next

cl0s3tm0th June 7th, 2021

So like ive stopped masturbating (lol its been two days, but better than nothing) okay great. But now im sad and i want to again. I see i usually do when im sad or bored. But now that im trying not to what do i doooo. How do i deal with myself😔. Thats always the issue. I try to stop, life hits me and i go again sigh.

mathetmess June 7th, 2021

@cl0s3tm0th

Two days is better than nothing. Congratulations. The real question, perhaps, is what else could you enjoy doing? What does your past practice take time and energy away from that would be rewarding for you. I do believe there is likely to be something, but I can't tell you what that is.

I also offer that there's a threshold - if you make it past it, like any addiction, it becomes less tempting. I can't tell you at all what it is, but even if you don't make it, having other focuses is a good thing.

MindRoots June 20th, 2021

@cl0s3tm0th

Glad you are finding a way towards another path in life.

Facing life can have overwhelming moments and a quick distraction seems closer than the antidote, metaphorically. Once you find you can live without a habit, it becomes self-evident. The more days strung together without the habit, the closer you are to a healthier life and sustainable well-being. 😊

MindRoots