Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

things are maybe alright

aligheri May 22nd, 2023

for quite a few years now I've had this philosophy that even if you're stuck taking 2 steps forward and 2 steps back, at least you're getting better at walking.

recently lost over a year of sobriety. but I've done this before, and I'll do it again.

hitting rock bottom is starting to feel a bit like tripping over my own feet. far too often, yet something I know how to recover from.

I spent quite a few years angry and hopeless over the idea that I'd never really be 'cured' of my various conditions, that I'd be stuck falling over and over again. I had to find another way to phrase it to myself, to make it feel less like punching a brick wall.

walking practice, recovery practice, feels a lot more hopeful

GoingWithGrace May 27th, 2023

@aligheri

Hey. Just acknowledginf your post and congratulating u on you 1yr previous. Don't worry that you slipped right now recently..it's how to get up and walk again now what matters. I hope you are back on your feet and back stepping Forward.

Much love

Buttercremetarte12 October 18th, 2023

Thanks for sharing, that is such a nice way to see it and I think already a sign that you are getting better (being able to be nice to yourself and finding maybe some kind of peace within the struggling)