Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling after 3 years

ivoryClementine7858 June 22nd, 2023

I’ve been sober for over 3 years now and recently it’s become more difficult then ever not to use. I’m constantly having nightmares and horrible flashbacks and I know that if I were to use I could pause all of it for a little while, but I also know it’s not worth it. I wish it wasn’t so hard to decide whether I want a mental break or sobriety

Mya000 June 27th, 2023

@ivoryClementine7858 I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a challenging time. It takes a lot of strength and determination to stay sober, especially when faced with difficult emotions and memories. Remember that you've already achieved a significant milestone of over three years of sobriety, and that's something to be incredibly proud of. It's completely normal to crave a mental break, but try to focus on the long-term benefits of sobriety and the progress you've made so far. If you're finding it particularly overwhelming, it might be helpful to reach out to a support network or professional for guidance and additional coping strategies. You're not alone in this journey, and there are people who want to help you through it. Take it one day at a time.

transurvivor July 2nd, 2023

Congrats on your sobriety. For some of us, this is a lifelong struggle or it may just take several years to change the brain patterns. Stay strong friend, you are not alone.