Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

pls helppp

CalifasBlanca07 March 26th, 2023

I recently joined a recovery program. I met this other guy there that im starting to like. Everytime I go I get so excited to see him. I dont want a relationship or anything out of there with him i jus love seeing him. Hes very quiet and keeps to himself and i wanna make him open up more. He gets happy when i talk to him and i love that. am i becoming obssessed idk what to do im freaking out. I know im not going to become co-dependent because I joined the program for myself I just don't know if its ok??? Like I jus love flirting with him because it makes me feel happy but like is it right?? is this gonna affect his recovery? idk what im even asking for from here but can someone just let me know what they would do?

Mya000 March 31st, 2023

@CalifasBlanca07

Hi there, thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns with us! It's great that you have found a recovery program that is helping you and that you have met someone who brings you joy. It's understandable to feel excited and happy to see someone you like and want to get to know better.

It's important to remember that recovery programs are meant to be a safe and supportive space for everyone involved. You mentioned that you don't want a relationship with this guy and that you joined the program for yourself, which is a positive step. However, if you feel like your feelings for him are becoming obsessive, it may be helpful to talk to a therapist or counsellor about how to manage those feelings in a healthy way.

As for whether it's okay to flirt with him, that is something that you will need to assess for yourself based on the boundaries and guidelines of the program. It may be helpful to talk to someone in the program, such as a counsellor or group leader, about what is appropriate behaviour within the program.

Overall, it's important to prioritize your own recovery and well-being while also being mindful of the impact of your actions on others in the program. I hope this helps and wish you all the best in your recovery journey 😊