Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is it better to be isolated

Repetitivecircle December 27th, 2020

I have been clean roughly for three weeks now and I find that I am isolating myself more and more to stay clean. I don't enjoy going out I don't enjoy talking to people and I don't enjoy associating with some of my old friends that did not do drugs. I just want to stay home until I've been sober a long time. I don't want to talk to anybody other than the people on 7 cups.

Is this OK? And if not how else can I stay sober I do not trust myself in the Real world?

SilentSerenityy December 27th, 2020

Hello @Repetitivecircle

Well done on being clean for so long! It seem you're associating not being around people with your success, when I believe your success is purely through your own willpower!

Isolating yourself from people, in the long run, isn't always a good idea. It's great to have a social support system. However, this is working for you at the moment and as long as it's not harming you or your relationships, then I don't see the harm in it for a short time.

It might be worth letting people you're close to know what you're doing and why and that you're not cutting them off, you just need some time alone. This will help ensure you don't lose any friendships/relationships with people who care about you.

When you're ready to come out of this isolation, do it gradually. Maybe one meet up with someone once a fortnight and see how you feel.

Good luck and stay safe!