Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Quit smoking to have more money and good health.

yellowWater8654 May 28th, 2023

I have realised that smoking is for no good. It’s a waste of money now and in the future. Smoking deteriorates my health costing me more money in the future. I have bigger goals in my life and in order to reach my full potential and have greater experiences in life I have to quit this.

I have tried to quit smoking before but I comeback here again. Please, if anyone can give me some tips or help me some how or share their experience. It would be great and helpful for me through this journey. Looking forward to your answers.

SparklingSeashells May 28th, 2023

@yellowWater8654

Hi there,

I have no experience on this topic, so cannot help much.

I just came across your thread and wanted to cheer you on 👏

I wonder if it would help to make a list of the pros and cons that you can remind yourself of?

Hope you are doing okay! 🌻

transurvivor June 22nd, 2023

I can relate to your experience. While tobacco was easier for me to give up, I've struggled for almost 15 years with marijuana. Part of me enjoys it and it helps divert my thoughts sometimes when the intrusive just won't stop. Another part of me knows that it is also unhealthy and slowly doing damage that increases my anxiety. I keep repeating the cycle and I want to stop too. I've had multiple attempts and multiple relapses but still hold on to a sliver of hope. I tried MA and the program was counterproductive for me because I can't change my behaviors when I feel like I'm being forced. 7 Cups provides a more supportive atmosphere that I think could lay out the foundation for a successful attempt. Best of luck to you my friend