Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Academy Central Support Thread! Go to thread for academy questions

Hope July 20th, 2022

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. It is common to have questions regarding your academy program journey. It can be challenging to wait for a response so to provide speedy support, we have decided to have this one central thread where all academy trainees/interns can ask questions related to their academy journey.

Here is how to get support!

Respond to this thread with your question(s) and the program you are enrolled in. Remember, more information is better than less information. Provide context where needed so you can get speedy answers.

Who can respond to the questions?

Academy mentors, graduates, and even trainees if they are sure of the answer! Feel free to support each other and provide tips!

_1658325055.image.png

Make sure to keep an eye on your notifications so you can check the thread for answers. You can expect an answer within 24-30 hours.

This post is brought to you by the 7 Cups Academy Team, find out more information about the programs here

Ginevra962 July 20th, 2022

@Hope

Is it possible to shorten your quality listening program? I asked for 12 weeks for problems but ended up doing everything in two. Do I have to keep it up for 12 or can I ask for it to be shorter?

WingedSoul July 20th, 2022

@Ginevra962 @Hope

Similar question here, though with the internship. I knocked out most of the things I needed to get done already, and I think 6 months for my enrollment might be a bit long at this point.

Hope OP July 20th, 2022

@WingedSoul

The minimum for a student track internship is 13 weeks, you can submit your final evaluation form to graduate early. You can submit it as early as on your week 12. If you complete more hours than required, they will show up on your certificate. Similarly, honors will show on the certificate so we encourage you to use that time dedicated to active listening and/or pursuing honors.

WingedSoul July 20th, 2022

@Hope

Fantastic, thank you so much!!

Hope OP July 20th, 2022

@Ginevra962

Yes, the program can be shortened! You can submit your last step form to graduate early. You can submit it as early as on your week 5 for QLP.

You can also use the time to work towards Honors. It is also worth noting that if you complete more listening hours, they will show up on your certificate.

Ginevra962 July 20th, 2022

What should I do for honors?

Hope OP July 20th, 2022

@Ginevra962

It is listed in your QLP requirements list

Trainees will be granted Honors if they do ONE of the following:

• They completed a minimum of 5 hours of weekly listening using the best practices guide throughout the program.
  • They completed 7 electives in total
  • They are a Quality Mentor/Teen Star or a 7 Cups academy mentor focusing on the Quality Listening Program

(Attention non QLP trainees, this information does not apply to you)

StargirlTina August 1st, 2022

@Ginevra962 Hello Ginevra, Since you're already a part of the GLDD program could you please tell me how to go about it? What are the steps and how would I be able to complete them?

Thank you so much! Hope you have a great day ahead🧡🌻

Ginevra962 August 1st, 2022

Hello @StarlgirlTina I'm really sorry. There must have been a misunderstanding. I have never been part of GLDD and do not intend to take part in it for the moment

Ginevra962 August 1st, 2022

@stargirlTina

StargirlTina August 2nd, 2022

@Ginevra962 Ahh okay! Sorry bout that..Have a great day🌻

Ginevra962 July 24th, 2022

Hi! It's always me 😂

Can someone give me a detailed program of qhat you have to do for Content Development and Marketing please?

ouiCherie July 25th, 2022

Hi @Ginevra962 Thank you for the questions.

What you'll have to do on CDM (in general):

• Paragraph writings: a couple of paragraph writing exercises (incl. Writing a Q&A answer that will get approved)
  • Graphic design: exercise to create a social media graphic for mental health support
  • Social media copywriting (case study Twitter): exercise how to write 2 copies to introduce 7 Cups while supporting people
  • Article writing: learn about best writing practice for 7 Cups article and observe E.A.T factors in an article, exercise to create SEO friendly headline and sub headlines, article outlining and finally writing an article.
  • Practical experiences: exercise to create 2 types of contents for 7 Cups (elective).

Hope it helps 🤍

Ginevra962 July 25th, 2022

Thank you so much for your answer 💜

ThoughtBubbleExpess July 27th, 2022

Hi there, hope you're doing well.

I would love to ask a question, It's regarding the honours options article editing, making a growth way path, or content project ideas. I'm not clear with the syllabus here and would like to have a bit more details on that.

Also, another question I had regarding the certification, is its recognition since most online course certificates are not quite recognized well in many job sectors and places.

ouiCherie July 28th, 2022

Hi @ThoughtBubbleExpess

I just saw this and we have covered these questions on Academy Hub 🤍 but for others who may have similar questions about Honor options:

• Editing article: you'll be given an editing guide and an article to edit for the project.
  • Social media content: create a content plan for 5 posts (or how many is required), including graphics, caption copy, perhaps hashtags. It's a good exercise to get the experience to be content planner.
  • Growth Path: create a step-by-step path that you feel would help others. The best way is to create a path based on your experience.

If you choose Growth Path, please set it to unlisted.

As for recognition, the Academy is quite new, but we continue to work on improving the quality. Thank you for the questions and hope it helps 😊🤍

ThoughtBubbleExpess July 28th, 2022

I asked this question before the orientation but thanks for a better clarity 🌟✨

Aurorawild000 August 1st, 2022

@Hope I have not received any emails

ouiCherie August 2nd, 2022

Hi @Aurorawild000

For what program?

33denice August 4th, 2022

@Hope

I am wondering where I can view how many listener group chats I have. And how to get into listener group chats?

August 4th, 2022

@33denice you can see that in your profile...the number which is beside the phrase "Listener Group Chats"

since you are a teen..you can enter the "teen listener" from here :
https://www.7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php for getting more listener group chats.

25 messages sent in that room is equal to 1 listener group chat

33denice August 4th, 2022

@BlueRiver5968

Thanks

Priscilaxx August 7th, 2022

So, I submitted my honors essay. My end date is initially on the 29th. However, since all my elections are finished I wish graduate earlier than intended. Do I have to wait to hear back about my honors essay before filling out the completion form?

Also when filling out the completion form in the "Total Trainings Completed" box, what exactly is it referring to?

I appreciate any response in advance! Thank you!

Program: 7 Cups Internship

Edited by Hope to add the program

Hope OP August 7th, 2022

@Priscilaxx

You do need to have your Honors Essay posted before you submit your final evaluation form. As for trainings, total trainings completed include all trainings you completed listed here with the exception of peer trainings and active listening tests.

JuneTrips August 8th, 2022

@Hope

I'm in the internship program and I was wondering about how to join the honours internship program? I'm currently a chat supporter, and I was hoping that role would be able to fulfil the honours internship requirement. Where can I apply for honours?

Hope OP August 8th, 2022

@JuneTrips

You are a room supporter which makes you eligible for Honors for 7 Cups Internship and you can use chat support as a leadership role as one of the Internship electives. You don't need to apply for anything. Just mention your honors option when you submit your final evaluation form once everything is complete.

JuneTrips August 23rd, 2022

@Hope

Alright, thank you so much Hope!

August 9th, 2022

@Hope Hi. I have not yet started since I got the mail last week. Is it mandatory to put in some hours every week or we can complete any time within 12 weeks time?

Hope OP August 9th, 2022

@cuddlyCandy7014

We recommend starting on the start date and working through your requirements list sent in the email you received. Some of the requirements are time sensitive like becoming a verified listener is not something you can do in a rush as it depends on other people processing your work.

If you have less availability now and more in the future, you can start off with the time-sensitive requirements first but do note that if you do make more progress. you can finish early which is better. All in all, it is not entirely possible to pend the requirements till last few weeks and definitely not recommended.

BlueDaisyZ August 12th, 2022

@Hope

Hello!

Where can I get my referral link to 7 cups? Having 20+ referrals is part of the internship requirements, but I'm not sure where to find my referral link.

Thank you!

Hope OP August 12th, 2022

@BlueDaisyZ

Hi Daisy! Please check here for your link! it is the 'personal link'. Please don't share on 7 Cups!

frostyApple6757 August 12th, 2022

@Hope whats is expected of me in the internship ?

Hope OP August 15th, 2022

@frostyApple6757

Hi Frosty! You are expected to follow your Internship requirements list, all the requirements are listed there! I recommend starting by getting verified if you are not yet verified.

resourcefulPainting5448 August 13th, 2022

@Hope

Where is the eval form at?

Hope OP August 15th, 2022

@resourcefulPainting5448

Please mention your academy program and full name of the form you are seeking

CosmicMiracle August 15th, 2022

@Hope and all mentors in the GLDD program <3

I messed up my sked because I got sick. I finished my trial last week but not sure what my new deadlines are. If anyone can give me the new dates, please? <3 thank you so much and may you all be blessed with lots of KFC <3

GoldenNest2727 August 17th, 2022

@CosmicMiracle

Hi, Cosmic Miracle. I hope you're feeling better now. If you haven't already done so, please be sure to submit your end of trial form. You can find it here. Finishing the trail late, won't necessarily extend your final completion date. It's best to check with a mentor in this case. You can find your list of mentors here. If my answer isn't what you needed, then please ask again.

w0lfstar August 18th, 2022

@Hope

Could someone please direct me to where I can find the monthly evaluation form (student track)?

Hope OP August 18th, 2022

@w0lfstar

You can find it here

More such forms can be found here

bilenn August 21st, 2022

Hi dear people, I have a question please, I am on the Community Track of Internship, but I don't know whether there is final evaluation form for the community track interns, I could not find it, there is one for the student track interns, but I need a form for community track, thanks for every possible answer❤️