Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Financial Stress

Heather225 March 5th, 2021

Hi everyone! Have you had a chance to try out our new Community Paths yet? If not, please check out what our community has contributed so far!

We did a survey a couple of weeks ago where we asked what kind of growth paths you all would like to see. One of the top requested categories is Financial Stress.

Glen has been creating a confidence and self-esteem path with the help of our community! Not only does this help to create well-rounded paths but also helps us collectively learn and get used to the idea of creating paths/steps.

I'd like to invite you to help me create good growth paths in this category. It would be great to team up to collectively share what has helped us learn, understand, and tackle Financial Stress. These can be personal experiences, things people have said to us, books or ideas we have come across, talks or short videos we have found on YouTube, images that we find helpful, etc.

A few recommendations to get you started:

How has the pandemic impacted your life?

How do you calm financial stress anxiety?

What steps to take to reclaim your financial independence?

Tips for budgeting?

Share with us your thoughts! Please upvote ideas of others you like. There is no right or wrong response here!

Rupcompassion20 March 12th, 2021

@ Hope. Personally what I have found most helpful to calm financial anxiety is, to stop giving it focused attention, stop overthinking on a loop, ( it is difficult initially but starts working with consistent practise by becoming more self aware ) and what works best is through and while meditation visualise the kind of life I want to create and actually think, and live as if that particular thing has already happened.

This practise has helped me a lot, as it helps in coming out of the lack mindset and helps one realise everything starts and ends with our thought patterns.

Hope this is useful.

Rup

RationalMe7 March 14th, 2021

@Heather225

Answering your questions below:

How has the pandemic impacted your life?

Upto a great extent.

How do you calm financial stress anxiety?

It was hard. But, the hope that things will get better and the agility to adapt gave me relief.

What steps to take to reclaim your financial independence?

I found myself an alternate and flexible job. Part time.

Started an online service based business.

The agenda was to have some cashflow coming in to pay bills and stay out of debt. Then, the business for more wealth & future resources.

Tips for budgeting?

Always saved before spending. Fixed a budget but also kept it flexible. Cut out all unwanted stuff. Invested some money in bettering myself.

SparkyGizmo March 14th, 2021

SpicyHeart March 15th, 2021

The first year of the pandemic, i was in alot of shock, lost ny job, got no idea how to make money. This year i feel so much more in control I think the first thing is not to compare your financial situation with others, second thing is to give yourself compassion for the current financial stress, instead of blaming yourself. Next thing is to ask for helps and seek opportunities from different places and people. You might be surprised by how a opportunity is right in front of you. For budgeting, i use an app call Money, it can be linked to online banks so you can easily control all your different wallets

plumBeechwood7549 March 15th, 2021

1. The pandemic pretty much ruined my career. I had to close my business for months and when I finally started, it was like restarting from scratch but with no funds and infact deep in debt. I had plans of starting a new business but my loan was rejected so that alternative was also not an option. I tried searching for a job, still am, but I don't have a strong resume and I have a very specific skillset, so I'm not really able to land one. I thought of taking some courses but everything costs money, that I don't have. 2. So how do I calm myself? The only thing I know is luckily I can manage basic food and amenities at present, and I think that is enough. I try to focus on today, on now. It's all wrong, because I should be planning for the future, but if I don't calm down Today, the tomorrow will never come. This line of thought helps me keep my focus. And also knowing that everyone is not the same. I have what I have, and I guess that is okay. 3. I'm still working on the steps. One step at a time. 4. Upcycling and reusing almost everything at home. Clothes, shoes, etc. And repairing things as much as possible. Also, finding low cost or free options for whatever is possible. This way I can save on things which are extremely necessary like medicines or bills.

modestTiger4012 August 13th, 2023

Hello everyone I am stressed out financially. Every time I get paid I can never save no money. I have to Uber to work and that cost about $200. I can't even save for a vehicle. Plus I have a family to look after. I want to change my situation. I want to be able to take care of my fiance and my son. I'm losing weight rapidly and I don't know what else to do. It is so hard to budget, with the amount of money I am making.

modestTiger4012 August 13th, 2023

If anyone have any ideas on extra income I am all ears