Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Listeners with multiple accounts taking GRs

AffyAvo October 11th, 2019

This has happend a few times in a pretty short timeframe - listeners have multiple accounts and take my GR request multiple times, sometimes after being blocked.

I know that multiple accounts has been an issue for a while. I haven't seen this be much a problem with listeners doing this to take GRs though.

Is anything being done to protect members from this issue?

AbbyHarris1976 October 12th, 2019

@AffyAvo

This is gonna sound like a stupid question ... but what does GR stand for? 🀭

There seem to be many listeners, including verified ones (Really?? πŸ™„), misbehaving ... misleading members by constantly changing important information on their profiles, using multiple accounts to harass vulnerable members, posting unsupportive comments including in 1-1 chats, I could go on and on. πŸ™„ This behavior is dishonorable to the listener position. πŸ‘Ž

I think that if a verified listener is misbehaving, they should be unverified. Okay, even better ... listeners misbehaving should be removed from all listener duties and privileges ✊

AffyAvo OP October 12th, 2019

@AbbyHarris1976 A GR is a general request, when you connect to a listener through Noni vs. picking a specific listener yourself.

I agree with you on verified listeners! If a listener is getting too many negative reviews and ratings (although those need to be seen and that seems to be a problem) then they should have to re-earn their verified listeners badge! Ditto if they do something to get suspended.

Tyedyedbutterfly65 October 13th, 2019

I have seen it myself Listeners on both accounts as a Member requesting help and then when I take the request and reply they tell me to hold on because they are on their Listener account also talking to a member . I have no clue how they are doing it but when a Listener does that on a Member account they are taking up a spot that someone else really needs help and should be taken first .. I did explain this to a Listener on their Member account after they told me to hold on they needed to help a Memvber.

There has to be a way to stop this . The person was very nice and was not rude or anything but it did take my time away from others.

EvelyneRose October 13th, 2019

@AffyAvo

Out of curiosity, how do you know it's the same listener?

AffyAvo OP October 13th, 2019

@EvelyneRose Similarities become obvious. They also often admit to it when asked, or else get really vague with specific questions about it.

AffyAvo OP November 19th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity