Community /

Motivation & Accountability

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts
by Eugene
Last post
11 hours ago
...See more I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here. Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. ― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life FH:54
August Gratitude Challenge: what are you grateful for?
by tommy
Last post
August 30th
...See more This discussion forms part of our Life Challenges event. Click here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/EventsDiscussions_2666/August2024getinvolvedwithourlifechallengesevent_333814/] to read more about it! Life is hard and it's important that we're kind to ourselves. In the hustle and bustle of day-to-day challenges our achievements and gratitude can become easily clouded. This month we are going to try that little bit harder to acknowledge and celebrate everything that we are grateful for. How do I participate? 1. Every day for the month of August revisit this thread and list one new thing that you are grateful for. It can be something small like developing the strength to achieve a goal, or it could be something bigger and more meaningful. The possibilities are endless! 2. If you'd like to get reminded to post in the thread, click the subscribe bookmark in the bottom left hand corner. This will notify you each time someone replies to the thread, providing you with a natural reminder to post your daily gratitude.  3. Share the love. Share your support of others if you can by upvoting or replying to their posts. It can take a lot to share your gratitude so creating a safe space here is crucial for everyone's comfort.   4. There is no pressure to commit to it every day, but it'll be great and no doubt very rewarding if you could!  So, what are you grateful for today? 
Motivation & Accountability Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
August 25th
...See more Welcome to the Motivation & Accountability Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 24 July (updated by @tommy) @Brokenheartbaby39 @CyclingThroughLife @Miashlee2008 @nineelii97 @RogueOne1983 @softForest4843 @talkwithyoursoul @TheColourGrey @tommy @veronikamalik @warmheartedCamp3360
Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts
by Eugene
Last post
11 hours ago
...See more I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here. Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. ― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life FH:54
Autumn Cleaning: Preparing for Cozy Days Ahead ✨🍁
by Mya000
Last post
Saturday
...See more As the days start getting shorter and the air turns crisp, I’ve been diving into my autumn cleaning ritual. Just like spring cleaning, it’s my way of getting ready for the colder days ahead. I find that it helps ease the transition into a season that can sometimes feel a bit heavy. By decluttering and making my space cozier, I feel more grounded and ready to embrace the warmth and comfort of the indoors. It’s all about creating a little haven to soften the sadness that autumn sometimes brings. ✨🍁 How do you prepare for the colder months?
Daily Meditations by Marcus Aurelius - #1
by kabir22
Last post
September 10th
...See more Don’t ever forget these things: The nature of the world. My nature. How I relate to the world. What proportion of it I make up. That you are part of nature, and no one can prevent you from speaking and acting in harmony with it, always. ------------------------- When in it comes to motivation, inspiration and gratitude, I find myself turning back to this book called "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. It is simply a journal written by one of the powerful man walked on earth, Marcus Aurelius, he was roman emperor, a king but he was more than that and it reflects through his writings and philosophy which is honestly inspiring. (If you have watched Gladiator, Richard Harris plays the role of him). So I decided those who don't have time to read the book, I'll drop something from book daily to inspire those who need it most. Starting with above, let me know if you have read the books and your experience with it! 
Believe in YOURSELF!
by Joy2815
Last post
August 15th
...See more The Universe doesn't make mistakes. Everything you're experiencing, good and bad, is taking you to where you're meant to be.
Motivation Techniques
by FirstPage123
Last post
August 13th
...See more What have people found to be the best ways to encourage themselvse to complete tasks or commit long term to activities they have found difficult to do?
Ambition slayer
by RiseLove71
Last post
August 5th
...See more It often happens that we sit on our *** and do next to nothing. Time, we change that. Let's make this thread a place where we share our goals and slay them, one day at a time. And come back here, day after day, week after week, month after month to update the goals we've achieved and our ambition that we're closer to now than we were yesterday. Yearly goals, broken down to monthly goals, broken down to daily actions. Let's do it all. Together 😌
⭐ Daily Motivational #3 ⭐
by xIAmAlwaysHereForYoux
Last post
July 21st
...See more
The best is yet to come
by hardworkingBeechwood6063
Last post
July 18th
...See more Always remember that
⭐ Daily Motivational #4 ⭐
by xIAmAlwaysHereForYoux
Last post
July 17th
...See more
Daily quotes #9 by Yannick
by Yannickosaur
Last post
July 17th
...See more "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step at a time." ~Lao Tzu INSPIRING; Battlefield 1 Prologue Cinematic [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ZG5sisBi0] Martin Garrix & Brooks - Byte [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tl_lLvtCZw] This is the ninth entry of my quote journal, you can find my previous entry at Daily quotes #8 by Yannick - 7 Cups Forum [https://www.7cups.com/forum/motivation/InspirationandMotivation_2229/Dailyquotes8byYannick_331881/] My name is Yannick, I'm 27 and I've been through so much. Drug, alcohol and gaming addictions, criminal activity, moving out at the age of 13 to more than 10 institutions, father leaving at the age of 8, a stepdad that was an alcoholic and mentally abused my mother, loneliness, depression, autism (PDD-NOS) and neurological disorder (ADHD) and a lot more things probably that I can't get track of currently. The toll it all took on me was huge. I am still fighting with it everyday, but I choose to fight, and when life knocks me down, I get back up, ALWAYS. Lions don't quit. What I am trying to get at by saying all this, is that no matter how much you have been suffering through and the things you might still be suffering from, you decide if it is going to break you or make you. You hold the power to change and flip the script. Always. You will need to search deeper within yourself and your life to find clues that can help you improve yourself as an individual and helps you express more of your own positivity. Your own effort and willpower are the two most fundamental things you need in order to progress.  Believe in the strength of your human spirit, as I believe in the strength of your human spirit. You got this. Start dominating (with all respect to the outer world of course 😄)
Weekly Quotes Chain! Theme: Discipline and Accountability
by Hope
Last post
July 15th
...See more Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. I have once again come across a quote that makes me go 'I need to share this with people who can obsess over this with me'  so here I am hoping such people can find this thread and together we can reflect on a weekly thought! I will try to post 1-2 times per week, feel free to hold me accountable with a message. The goal is to just share these incredible quotes with everyone else. Heads up, almost all of them will be in relevance to the stoic philosophy and focused on hyper-accountability and discipline. You are welcome to check out spark of the week [https://www.7cups.com/forum/teens/TeenZoneCommunityTeam_590/PresentingSparkoftheWeek_325922/] instead for light hearted quotes and reflections!  There is no tag list form for this but you can say tag me in your message and I will tag you when I post the new quote/reflection and if you say remove me, you will be removed. No hard feelings!  What do you do on this thread? Upto you! Here are some options * Read and leave! * Read and heart away the quote(s) you like * Read and comment your thoughts * Subscribe to the thread by clicking the bookmark icon. When I or anyone else posts in this thread, you will get a notification Covered Quotes * "You could be good today but instead you choose tomorrow!" Marcus Aurelius  * 'While we wait for life, life passes" - Seneca * “How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself?” - Epictetus * “Stick to what’s in front of you — idea, action, utterance.” — Marcus Aurelius * First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.” - Epictetus * "Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness – all of them due to the offender’s ignorance of what is good or evil." - Marcus Aurelius * "Observe always that everything is the result of change, and get used to thinking that there is nothing Nature loves so well as to change existing forms and make new ones like them" - Marcus Aurelius  * "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult." - Seneca * 'Withdraw into yourself, as far as you can. Associate with those who will make a better man of you. Welcome those whom you yourself can improve. The process is mutual; for men learn while they teach.' - Seneca * The greatest obstacle to living is expectancy, which hangs upon tomorrow and loses today. You are arranging what lies in Fortune’s control, and abandoning what lies in yours. What are you looking at? To what goal are you straining? The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately. - Marcus Aurelius * 'Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones.' - Seneca * Withdraw into yourself, as far as you can. Associate with those who will make a better man of you. Welcome those whom you yourself can improve. The process is mutual; for men learn while they teach. -Seneca
⭐ Daily Motivational #5 ⭐
by xIAmAlwaysHereForYoux
Last post
July 10th
...See more                                  

Motivation & Accountability

Welcome to Motivation & Accountability! This is the perfect space for you to find motivation and be held accountable for your goals and aspirations.

What are the different forum topics for Motivation & Accountability?
Accountability and Wellness: A place for all things accountability and wellness.

Community Space: A place for icebreakers, introductions, discussions and community check-ins.
Exercise Motivation: Need to be motivated to exercise? Get it here!

Goals & Accomplishments: A place for you to discuss your goals and accomplishments. 

Inspiration & Motivation: Need some inspiration? Find it here!

Tips & Activities: A place for the latest tips and tricks.

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Accountability & Motivation FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question! If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!