Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Discover Calmness Within: The Calm Box for Your Mental Health

ASilentObserver May 6th, 2023

Hello everyone,

As part of Mental Health Awareness Month, today I want to share the Calm Box idea and how it can be helpful for your mental health. I know that many of us struggle with stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues, and it can be hard to find ways to cope with these challenges. But I have found that The Calm Box is a great resource for anyone who wants to improve their mental wellness.

For those who may not know, The Calm Box is a box where you create and put the actual objects that serve to distract and self-soothe you in times of struggle. It is one thing to think about something but another alternative is to put tangible items that help you touch and soothe you in times of distress.

The contents of the box need to be carefully curated to promote relaxation, mindfulness, and overall well-being. Some examples of the tangible objects that you may add to your calm box are a Deck of cards, a crossword puzzle, a sudoku, a chessboard, a stress ball, a journal, a positive quote picture, a smiley sticker, a plushie, bubbles, a comforting pillow, glitters, cute cups, your favorite music cd and so on. The Calm Box has everything you need to distress and unwind.

Remember, taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health. The Calm Box is a gentle reminder to slow down and prioritize your own mental health. It's a thoughtful and practical way to take care of yourself and your well-being. You can also create it for someone else to support them as well.

Let's all make mental health a priority and create our calm box to support each other on our journeys toward greater well-being.

If you are all comfortable sharing, please share what are the tangible items of your calm box.

peaceful-dance.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 6th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

What a fantastic idea, Obzieee! ❤️ I’ll settle and think through about creating one soon hehe! What’s in your calm box, if you have one already? ❤️

May 6th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Obs, that doesn't sound amazing, this is actually amazingggg because your idea is running 😃😃😃

I'll post something later :)

VaryingCloud May 6th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Absolutely a good idea to have a few things handy that could be your stress buster.

i don’t have an actual calm box as such but these are some of the things that I look at to uplift myself: A couple of books that I would never mind going through again and again, some handwritten messages by my teachers and some photographs.

kat2006 May 7th, 2023

Hi. I have a shelf with Word searches, mystery games, books, smell good oils, devotionals, and more on it. I have it next to my favorite place to sit with a cozy warm blanket 🙂

calmMango9611 May 7th, 2023

@ASilentObserver I find supporting others helps, my mood. Also, I love the chatrooms here at 7cups.

What I love about the chatrooms, is how supportive everyone can be, despite what someone might be struggling with. Also, love how each chatroom offers something different. I want to thank you for writing this post and sharing some of your thoughts with us. I am humbled to be a part of the group support leadership team and very humbled to be working with you. I have learned so much about leadership from you Obs. I just wanted to let you know, how grateful I am.❤️

adaptableOcean4193 May 7th, 2023

My calm box would be a music box, to hear, containing the baby hair of my daughters and grandson, to see. A vial of Tokyo Milk Dark Bulletproof perfume, to smell and two Oreo cookies to taste (resupplied as often as necessary). A small, furry kitten keychain that purrs (vibrates) when you pull a string, to feel. Lastly, a deck of oracle cards from a friend to help me reflect, and a candle to light my way. The keychain and perfume are from my daughters, Oreos I share with my grandson.

I wonder what others would put in theirs?