Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Important update on Group Support Rooms!

ASilentObserver January 7th, 2020

Hello, community,

My team and members reached out and informed me that some members are joining our group support rooms to recruit our community members to offsite groups.

So I want to remind our community that offsite contacts are not allowed. Because we value our members' privacy and safety. If someone tries to do so, they violating the community guidelines.

We want our group support rooms to be open, compassionate, respectful and supportive for all. So, I request you all to please ensure to comply with our chatroom and community guidelines. They are issued in your interest.

But still, if we find anyone joining rooms with a purpose to recruit and invite community members to offsite spaces, they will get instant mute as well as may lead to account ban if the same behavior persists.

Also, a request to our community to help us keep our rooms moderated, safe and supportive space to participate for everyone. If you find anyone disrupting the environment and violating community guidelines, remind them to follow it or else their access to the rooms can be discontinued.

Our efforts are directed towards providing better user experience to our wonderful community members.

@Glenm @Heather225 @Hope

musoperson2 January 15th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Gracey January 7th, 2020

Obs, thank you for this very important reminder. Ensuring everyones safety here is so important

amiablePeace77 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for making this clear again to everyone.

Karrot January 7th, 2020

Thank you for creating this it is super important

warmheartedFarm7120 January 7th, 2020

Thanks so much for the notice.

AriannaPink January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you Obs for the warning, I had no idea that there was an issue in group support again I mean we just got over the last epidemic not that long ago so this is a bit disheartening... Well Ill make sure to be extra observant in my discussions, and follow the steps you recommended until this issue is hopefully resolved soon.

Dont panic everyone weve fought epidemics before, and have survived so I know we can do it again! Good luck everyone involved in group support, everything will be okay! 💗...

Sincerely, @AriannaPink (Arianna) 💗...

Heather225 January 7th, 2020

@AriannaPink

offsite contact is always going to be something of a challenge here, but we can do our best to combat that. that's what this community is all about: looking out for each other.

thanks for always being so vigilant, Arianna!!

heart

DinaElwy January 8th, 2020

I have an exam tomorrow and I can't study, wish me luck.

helloitismeee January 9th, 2020

Fanatsyic!

LibertyLady January 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver ''if we find anyone joining rooms with a purpose to recruit and invite community members to offsite spaces, they will get instant mute as well as may lead to account ban if the same behavior persists. '' why do you care so much if people wanna go offsite? How about erdicating trolls and abusive members and incompetent listeners. You highlight the importance of ''don't give advice'' yet you do the same. So many people here have made friendships after going offline. I'm not saying encourage it but you shouldn't tell people what to do. There's this amazing this called free choice.

Figgy50 January 13th, 2020

This is from Glen's original post from about the room changes. "We understand if you decide our free services no longer fit your needs and we wish you the best." Even Glen understood that members would leave the site after the changes were made. Soo yeah everyone left, and now y'all are mad?? Did you NOT expect members who became actual online friends to find eachother elsewhere?? 🤣🤣