Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Work Matters!- A thought!

ASilentObserver December 13th, 2019

Hello GST, laugh

Here GST means Group Support Team. I hope everyone doing good. I am thankful to all who submitted the check-in responses and role information. If some of you didn't yet, you can do by clicking these links - short check-in form & your information!

I read your responses to the check-ins and would like to clear a few things but before that, I want this post as a reminder that group work matters! It is valuable.

I believe everyone has the potential to do amazing things when their true potential is spotted. And, to identify them, group work is best. Because it allows you to open up yourself!

Much of the work we do is not discussed and more seems in a closed way. Information is missing, the team is not feeling to open up and perspectives are withheld. Maybe because we think that the perspective may not be right or what if it is not considered.

The result? We keep thoughts bottled. Feel discouraged or lost. Knowledge and experience wasted. The potential stay locked and the progress halted. That is why the group matters. You matter and we matter! And that is what I want us to do. Outcomes matter but the efforts to TRY things matter the most.

If you have something to discuss, reach out and bring it. There are no right or wrong thoughts. It is a discussion to find what is suitable. For example, I reach out to Heather, Hope, and other leaders to guide me because it helps not only to clear my own mind but see things from a new perspective.

So, please make an effort to try, communicate your ideas and challenges not only within your focused team but if needed, with other project leaders and the team too. I believe if we all as a team to this, it going to help us tackle all our daily challenges to lead our specific teams or projects while helping our peers. I am sure we can do this.

Now, I want to clear a few things as highlighted in the check-in-

1. Community Moderators are helping hands in the community. They are there to extend the support to you all and the community. So, if you are a mod, room supporter, please visit and spend time in your support rooms. You are the leaders and take the lead. And, if you need any help with anything, Community Moderators are there to help you and work as a team.

2. The request form to open/close support rooms is an additional way to help out. It is not replacing the existing doorkeepers or closing the application to become a doorkeeper. As rooms are pop-ups now, we need them and it is not possible all the time to find a doorkeeper. The one you know may not be available? So, pick the way that suits you best.

3. Discussion Calendar is not updated lately that is why some discussions are not happening. What we will do is reset the calendar in the first week of January 2020 to keep it updated. Because I am still trying to figure out who is doing what in the team. I am learning, so please bear with my endless questions and me. surprise

4. My apologies for the delayed response. I am trying my best to answer every pm and mail. So, if you are thinking I won't be responding to you and that is why you do not want to reach out. Please drop a message or mail and I will ensure to revert ASAP.

5. All the challenges we face can minimize by interacting and discussing things with each other. You never know who could share what and it becomes the solution to the concern we experience. So take a minute and reach out to your team members, different leaders, and yes, me! I would be glad to learn things and figure out ways to do better things.

On that note, Thank you for listening to me! Please do share what do you feel about it!

And oh yes! surprise I updated the description for the Group Support Community and resources tab. Please check and let me know if it seems good or can improve?

Stay Open, Get Connected!

Tagging GST- @adaptiveStar90 @AddictedTealover98 @Ahmed @Alia3475 @amiablePeace77 @Amy @Amy @Angelshealtranquilityprevails @AnyaS @AriannaPink @ASilentObserver @audienta @AveryLove @Ayla @Ayla @azuladragon34 @Babycakes112 @bear228 @Blaise23 @BleuPhoenix @BlindGrapefruit @bouncyVoice4149 @brilliantTurtle89 @CaringBrit @caringPanda45 @charmingTime @CitrusBliss @compassionateNight66 @crystalclearnow @DanaMH @dekoo1 @delightfulUnicorn38 @Duckswithmoose @DylanxYuzu @Ele @electricPoetry61 @Elle22 @Emirson2018 @Emmur @emsworld @enigmaticJet79 @enlightenedTree32 @Erato @Erica @ErinKay @fairyava @fantasticDancer50 @fantasticWatermelon83 @firebolt110 @FlowerTheSun @fluffyUnicorns84 @Freedomtochoose @FriendlyPotato2321 @frostyOcean72 @GentleFlameofCaring @gentleSun78 @GrahZeymahzin @Gyda @Harieo @Heather225 @HeatherBug @HereComesTheSun7 @Hofimon @HopefulPuppyPup @Hoxenos @ice786 @IcedEthan @InternalAcceptance @Isentropic @Isha @ItsDev @ItsJoel @IvyL @Jackie @Jenna @Jennifer164 @junkiesuperstarislistening @KarrotCake @Kate @katieee1234 @KatRebane @kernlistener1 @KindBean2002 @kindSoul10 @krispykitty12 @Kritikaaa @LandOfHopesx3 @LavenderFlower @lavenderpeach1107 @LeetheUnicorn @LightDragon @LilyBlossom21 @LittleAardwolf @littlepony @livefreely04 @LivieGrace @Lonerwolf2018 @Lostsoul0241 @lovethelittlethings @LovingSparkle @MangoSunflower7 @MarshmaIIows @MidnightRaven999 @MistyMagic @MonBon @Mountainmystic777 @MrsAshleyMarie @Nada @Nenz @Nenz @nothingisforever91 @onedirection1213 @optimisticDreamer3906 @PalmTreesNRainbows @pamharley003 @peacefulBubbles40 @PenguinPower31 @Peter1447 @PhoenixAsh @Pidge2 @PoliteOcean @politeUnicorns47 @RandomAccessMemory @rebecca947 @RebekahRebel @River @Rivercat22 @Robin7cups @Rose @RumpleSteeleSkin @Samar27 @saranova @sely @sereneSunshine50 @Shivam501 @Sibafo @SilverWaterfall @sisterdj @SmileyPower @snowneoonbluez43553 @SoulfullyAButterfly @soulsings @SpringWaltz @sunnyPeace39 @SuperAwesomeDragon @Suranta @sweetnutella @Tazzie @TooManyFruits @TortueDesBois @ToxicUnicorn @tranquilbear14 @Treestar @Twitch98 @Tyedyedbutterfly65 @UnderTheTableAndDreaming @VickyP @VinylFly @vivelespatates @Vixiana @WeedyGarden @WeGotThis211001 @WendyBird15 @whimsicalMonkey84 @younity @zaatarHoney @Zammn

crystalclearnow December 13th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Pretty clear and conscise! Thank you for your detailed message.

zaatarHoney December 13th, 2019

Thank you, @ASilentObserver !!
Glad we ccan all be on the same page! ♡

Tyedyedbutterfly65 December 13th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Thank you and so appreciate all the hard work you are doing !! You are doing great ! smiley

kindSoul10 December 13th, 2019

@ASilentObserver thanks for your hard work obs. I'm sorry I'm not much chatty at the moment but I'm reading your posts :)