Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Veterans' Check-in (Week of Nov 07)

ASilentObserver November 7th, 2022

Hello all Veterans, I hope you are all having a steady start to the week.

This will be our first weekly check-in and we will do it every Monday to discuss our accomplishments, gratitudes, and challenges to support and do some teamwork together.

Each week we will be sharing 1-2 prompts as part of our check-in discussion and I hope you all find them worth your thoughts and efforts. Because I would love to hear your thoughts, experiences, and emotions.

This week I want to start with adjustment/ readjustment challenges. As civilians, many of us wouldn’t be even able to imagine all challenges we may witness or witness while adjusting to a Veteran life or a Civilian life. Given my challenges with adjusting to school, college, and the workplace, I can imagine it isn’t exactly what we would want anyone to experience. Though we all do.

I invite you all to introduce yourself and share your experiences and challenges with Adjustment / Readjustment to a Different Life. Any and all thoughts are welcomed. Also, feel free to suggest me the prompts for the next check-in.

We will go to start guided discussions and open chats in the Member Group Chats. In the meantime, please join us in Sharing Circle to share and get support. We are all on this journey together.

_1667822941.4338925.jpg

Tagging some friends: @juliak1968, @NewYorker11, @philosophicalAcai7803, @kaylee68 @GoldenNest2727 @yourbuddy30 @ConnubialBard

NewYorker11 November 7th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

my mother's second oldest brother was a member of the Army of the United States of America in the late 1980s and early 1990s. i remember growing up with my family and friends and always worrying for my Uncle's safety, wherever he was situated with the Army.

when my Uncle came back from the U.S. Army, we were all so grateful to have him home, i guess that i was too young to fathom what adjustments that he and the family and friends had to make, but "grateful" is the word that we were.

i sincerely hope and pray for all of the members of America's armed forces and their families, Our Uniformed Heroes! with you, this world has hope and promise!

ASilentObserver OP November 14th, 2022

@NewYorker11 appreciate your kind thoughts for our veterans, Newyorker. Your presence and support helping many feel heard and comforted.

NewYorker11 November 14th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

thank you so so much!!! 😊