Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Overthinking Remedy :)

sunsetLion15 July 20th, 2017

The Heart Of The Rose, as described by Robin Sharma in the book The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. In this exercise, you will need a rose (or any flower will do). Begin by staring into the center of the flower. Begin to notice all the details: the textures, the layout of the petals, the shades of color. Once again this is an exercise in building the power of focus and to eliminate overthinking. When you start it may be hard to focus on the flower for 5 minutes as other thoughts come to mind. It needs to be practiced, to the point where 15mintues can be spent focusing on the flower.

I hope this helps. Let me know your feedback! heart

@jigglypuffy @Safii @CoolBlueMoon2 @Kabira

[edited by @sujaypai by moving from Daily Checkins Thread]

enjoyiableForest82 July 20th, 2017

@sunsetLion15 lovely

sunsetLion15 OP July 21st, 2017

@enjoyiableForest82 angel Glad you liked it!

AkvileSava July 20th, 2017

Definitely gonna try it out. Sometimes it's just too hard to quiet the mind

sunsetLion15 OP July 22nd, 2017

@AkvileSava Really glad if you do try ! I has helped me over the course of 2years and now i only have to do it once in 2weeks. The thoughts when controlled bring out the best in us! Takecare. angel

sujaypai July 20th, 2017

@sunsetLion15 Hey Sunset a type of Grounding exercise.

sunsetLion15 OP July 22nd, 2017

@sujaypai Yes sujay angel Really helped me too! And thanks for editing it, really appreciate it!!

sujaypai July 22nd, 2017

@sunsetLion15 Hey yes it does help. I am doing a mindfulness session in 20 mins and I can nothing but agree with you on that he benefits of it. Stay awesome.

sunsetLion15 OP July 27th, 2017

@sujaypai heart