Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Books that help with depression

toughCircle8376 February 25th, 2020

Hello! I am new to this forum and I have various questions on my mind. One of them is: ''Did you find any good books that help with depression? Maybe a book with various exercises and a link to a website where you can find more advice and support from others?

I tried CBT therapy but it doesn't work for me, so I am trying to find something new. I don't know how to change my thoughts that are mostly negative, where to start from...and actually how to change some core beliefs about myself and the world. I am reading some of the information on the website (courses), and wondering how to change my self-talk...

RarelyCharlie February 26th, 2020

@toughCircle8376 One of the best known books, with its own website, is Mind Over Mood. But it's based on CBT, so if CBT doesn't work for you then I suppose the book might not work either.

Another well known book with its own website is Feeling Good. As far as I can tell it uses a somewhat different approach.

Charlie

TeaHee March 12th, 2020

@toughCircle8376

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl

It is not exactly a self-help book. But it is a classic book on human resillience.