Community /

General Support

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
[Listeners] Farewell/Taking a Break/Returning Thread: Send Your Regards
by MonBon
Last post
20 hours ago
...See more This is the public support counterpart of this thread [http://www.7cups.com/forum/ListenersOnlyForums_38/ListenerSelfCare_95/FarewellTakingaBreakReturningThreadSendYourRegards_4132/1/] [L] so that listeners can let the whole community know if they are leaving or if they have come back. Below excerpt taken and modified from the original thread: Some Listeners decide, at one point or another, to take a break or in special cases to leave the site as a Listener. During their time here they may have made connections with others in the community and sometimes people aren't aware that they have left or are misinformed and thus never get the opportunity to sent their warm wishes. Thus, this thread is meant for Listeners to inform the community that they are leaving or taking a break and leave their appropriate comments for others to read. Moreover, returning Listeners can post here as well to inform the community that they are active again. Returning to 7 Cups after a break? We have a welcome Back Committee now, you can find information here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/ListenerLearningJourney_149/WelcomeZone_2385/WelcomeBackCommittee_295611/] (clickable), and reach out. Your peers and mentors are here for you. <3 Lastly, others in the community can send their regards to these Listeners. [L] indicates a Listeners Only thread [Welcome back committee information added by Sunisshiningandsoareyou, 02/10/23]
NAMI Oath
by Kate
Last post
Tuesday
...See more Any new member of the NAMI Community who introduces themselves and takes the NAMI Oath will receive the NAMI Oath Badge. Please copy, paste, sign and date the following NAMI Oath within this thread: NAMI Oath I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, 7 Cups members and NAMI supporters. I pledge to help support NAMI's mission and to dedicate myself to building better lives for anyone affected by mental illness. I pledge to always try my best to be a positive influence and make a difference in the lives of others. I pledge to be #stigmafree and respectful of anyone who may be experiencing a mental health challenge. I will educate, advocate and listen to others' experiences without judgment or bias. I will encourage acceptance and understanding. When I see that someone needs more than the peer support I can provide, I will refer them to professional help and appropriate resources. I pledge to make my own self-care a priority and recognize when I need to take extra time to take care of my own mental health. I will keep these promises and I will do everything in my power to promote mental health, healing, and wellness within myself, my fellow members and my world. I believe that no one should face mental illness alone and I pledge to provide peer support to anyone who reaches out to the NAMI Community for help. Signed: Date:
Week 2. Prompt 2.
by ThoughtLight
Last post
July 30th
...See more How could you increase your level of self awareness and use it to your advantage?
Looking for a new listener
by sallymae3459
Last post
Tuesday
...See more I am looking for a long term listener who has experience with loneliness and has experience with learning disabilities and doesn't mind talking about sexual health issues if it comes up and can be professional and mature about it and won't try to flirt would prefer someone who has a lot of empathy and just understanding of my struggles.
Hablo español - I speak spanish
by Esteban72
Last post
September 12th
...See more ¡Hola! Soy Esteban, un oyente peruano en 7 tazas. Me gustaría ofrecer mi apoyo a aquellos que necesitan hablar en español. Si están buscando a alguien con quien compartir tus pensamientos, sentimientos o preocupaciones, estoy aquí para escucharte. No importa lo que estés pasando, estoy aquí para apoyarte. ¡Contáctame para hablar! Escríbeme y atendemos una cita :3 ----------------------------------------- Hi! I'm Esteban, a Peruvian listener on 7 Cups. I'd like to offer my support to those who need to talk in Spanish. If you're looking for someone to share your thoughts, feelings, or concerns with, I'm here to listen. No matter what you're going through, I'm here to support you. Contact me to talk! Write to me and let's schedule a time to chat :3
Sexuality
by Deadtired2
Last post
September 2nd
...See more looking for someone I can talk to who understands what it feels like to struggle with sexuality. Im going through sexual frustration.
Long-term Listener Request
by JustSomeKSGirl
Last post
August 13th
...See more I am reaching out in an effort to find a listener to help me as I overcome the grief of infertility. My husband and I have reached a point where we are no longer actively trying to conceive after almost seven years of no success and fighting many health issues. The grief of letting go of my dream to be a mother is quite devastating and triggers my severe depression. I am hoping I can find a kind, spiritual soul to help me along in my journey as I try to make it through the process of letting go. Thank you. ♥
Listener Classifieds (2024)
by Heather225
Last post
July 9th
...See more This space is for listeners who are currently accepting chats to introduce themselves to the member community! Here are some things you can consider sharing (only share what's comfortable): Are you an ATL (Adult-Teen Listener): Gender: If you like focusing on supporting one gender, what is your preferred gender to support: Languages you speak: Topics you'll support: Topics you don’t support: Lived experience: Are you open to taking on members for long-term listening support? Your availability (in EST time) and day(s) if applicable: Members, this one’s for you! Pursue this thread, check out their bios, and see if any listeners might be a good fit!
Searching for Siren
by CagesorWings
Last post
June 14th
...See more Hey, I'm sorry if this is not a good place to do this. If anyone can suggest a better place to look, I would appreciate it. I lost access to my old account, which is a problem because I had a member I had scheduled to talk to today. Does anyone know how to message a member you have the username of? Alternatively, I would call this member siren as an siren's actual username was really long Siren, if you see this, I am sorry for not messaging you today like I had said I would. Please reply here. Thank you
Talking Deep
by OptimisticBirch
Last post
June 13th
...See more I saw someone posted something like this few days(or weeks) ago and thought about the same thing. Will it be fine for me to ask for a listener who can talk in depth with me? About everything. About the universe, the cloud, the sky, the world. About humanity, about anything. I'm well aware with the 'Browse Listener' options but I just felt that if I were to use that options and the listener is not the one that can keep up with the conversation. I just felt that I'll be wasting their time, the time that they can spend to focus more on people who they can help more. I'm not in need of urgent help or anything like that. Maybe I just want someone to talk to in a lengthy discussion about a lot of things. Listeners or members are welcomed :D Who knows I might find my twin because of this post :3
Narcissistic Relationship support
by optimisticPlane7372
Last post
June 8th
...See more I am in a narcissistic relationship that is very emotionally draining and lonely for me. I'm seeking a listener who is comfortable with this topic as I know it can be very triggering to listen to. I'm not looking for guidance on how to exit the relationship, i just need emotional support and if thats a deal-breaker i understand. thanks
LGBT help
by weepingangel221
Last post
May 11th
...See more I'm really struggling with figuring stuff out right now, I'm bisexual and I really like this girl (I'm a girl btw) but I've been told my whole life that being gay is wrong and I don't know how my parents would react (I mean, I know it would be badly but I don't know if they'd just send me to therapy or kick me out of the house) I just need encouragement because this is really hard for me
Looking for stand-in long-term listener
by cloudySummer
Last post
April 22nd
...See more Hi all, my long-term listener is currently on a break, with no fixed return date, so I'm looking for someone to help me out in the mean time. I'm specifically looking for a mostly reliable, honest, verified listener who listens to people older than 35, from EU or US (it would make me feel ashamed asking for support from someone who is less privileged, please don't take this wrong ...), in either English or German. My problems revolve around trust, relationships, social anxiety, self-worth and (the biggest of all) avoidance. I enjoy gardening 🌱 and creative things 👩‍🎨, know a lot about software 💻, and nature 🐦. When I feel relaxed enough, I can be quite witty and funny 🤪. Unreliability scares me 😨. I have an extremely low tolerance to people not being honest with me 😥, but I will always let you know and try to clear up a misunderstanding first. I do not ask much, if anything, about a listener's personal life. I'm also not looking for offsite contact or inappropriate chats (just saying 🤓). (irony mode on) So, if that doesn't sound attractive ✨, I don't know what else would... (irony mode off). Please pm me 💬 if you think you could help. And if you can't help yourself, but know someone who could, it would be cool if you could let them know about this classifieds thread here.
Age Regression Thread
by Denver05
Last post
April 18th
...See more Hey guys! Doesnt seem to have a space for age regressers on here! This is a safe space for all in this community. I will only ask when commenting on this thread that pls pls if you are looking for a cg wether it be platonic or romantic NO SEXUAL CONTENT PLS. If you wanna go sext or send nudes go to your own private DMS. Again this is a safe place, others who don't abide by this rule will be reported. Thank you, and welcome all my little princesses, princes, little ones, puppies, whatever you wanna be called welcome little ones! Here are some facts about me My name is Denver, I'm 17, my age regression age is 2-5, I have a loving cg.
Age Regression Care
by Denver05
Last post
April 18th
...See more For any closted or open age regresors this is a safe space for you guys to come and enjoy each other's company ❤️

Hello everyone! smiley

Welcome to the General Support sub-community, we are glad to welcome you here. You can seek support on a variety of topics such as: getting unstuck, long-term support & boundaries, managing emotions, mental health & awareness, physical health & awareness, grief and loss, self-care support, and stigma support.

* We want to get to know you better :) Introduce yourself here.

* Join the General Support Taglist here.

* Share your thoughts in our daily check-in

* Join our weekly guided discussion in the General Support chat room every Sunday 1pm GMT. We support you during Sharing Circle and Small Steps towards Healthy Habits sessions too. 

Come learn about coping skills for various situations and share with us what you have learned. We are happy you are stopping by! heart

Community Guidelines

* Be kind and respectful. 

*Please always add a trigger warning if your topic might be triggering to users. 

*Please refrain from graphic content.

*Please avoid double posting (If you have double posted, please contact @CheeryMango)

*Please avoid swearing as this can be triggering for users.  

Community Leaders
Forum Supporter
Room Supporter
Community Resources

❣ Want to submit a new resource to our forum leadership team? Let us know about it on this form.

❣ New to 7 Cups? Introduce yourself to the community here.

❣ Want to join our team? Find out more information here.

❣ Find the Self-Help Guides library here.

❣ Find the Mindfulness Tracks library here.