Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anonymous Evaluations Team Restructure

EvelyneRose January 13th, 2022

Hello! After a year of the Anonymous Evaluations Team, we've worked out the strengths and weaknesses.

Effective immediately, we will be cutting the Feedback portion and revamping it into an educational portion. The reason is purely because it just wasn't working the way we hoped. Instead, we will take the data we gather and use it to inform our quality processes going forward, as well as any listener learning initiatives.

I have updated the application and all forum posts related to it to reflect this change. Please see the FAQ here if you have any questions! Of course, feel free to ask here too!

If you are interested in joining, please check out this post here!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 13th, 2022

@EvelyneRose

Thanks for the update!

I personally feel, feedback does help one to grow if it is given in a constructive manner, as well as if the person on the other side is open to it, as well as eager to learn and improve! Specially with a chat, the person should know too, how they did, their strengths and areas to improve, as well as, feel encouraged to reach out for further support, to a mentor or listener coach!

But change is perhaps the only constant and I hope moving forwards, the changes being implemented serve the purpose they are intended for!

Kudos to the AE team for all your efforts in increasing quality support in the community. ❤

EvelyneRose OP April 26th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I totally agree, but the problem is most people don't respond at all, so there isn't a way to know if they actually wanted that feedback or not. If we re-do it in a more educational sense, this should at least cover those bases

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 26th, 2022

@EvelyneRose

Ah that's the sad part lol, Eve, people simply not replying and engaging in a feedback process (that is also for *their* assistance) -- could it also mean they aren't as interested in improving their listening skills then? And shouldn't we do something about the same, considering the quality aspect of listening? 😮

Also, could you share what exactly "educational" purpose would mean and how do y'all plan on implementing such?

brilliantPainting9568 January 14th, 2022

Glad you're being transparent about this and sorry it didn't work out. There are some really low-effort listeners on here but weeding them out is a difficult task.

I know you're ending the program, but here's an idea for a future program: rather than run a full-on "undercover chat", simply do an anonymous greeting evaluation. Grade them on the following criterion:

• Response time from accepting until they say something
  • Response time from the first reply
  • The length of the greeting. If they accept and say nothing, thats a low mark. saying "hi" and nothing more is a below-average, and a warm greeting like "hi , welcome to 7cups, how are you, my name is ___" is a high mark.
  • use of chat speak such as hru, wyd, wassup gets a low mark

This will be a lot more efficient than going undercover and the grading criterion can be very direct and fair. My guess is the ones who put more effort into the greeting are generally going to offer a higher quality experience. Yes sure someone can game this system, but nothing we do here is going to be perfect. The idea is like the "Van Halen no-brown-M&Ms" logic: people who read the directions and follow simple instructions (leave a warm greeting, dont use chat speak, dont take forever to reply) are likely to follow other instructions (being a good overall listener).

EvelyneRose OP April 26th, 2022

I love this! thank you!