Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Happens During 7 Cups Online Therapy

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS January 20th, 2023

Hi everyone!

Thank you for being here and taking the time to learn more about online therapy at 7 Cups. We often receive messages asking us how online therapy works at 7 Cups so I wanted to share more with you all.

What Happens During 7 Cups Online Therapy?

7 Cups is an on-demand emotional support platform and a caring and thriving community of people that support one another. The 7 Cups Community has supported over 60 million people in emotional distress since 2013. The community is available globally in 189 countries and 140 languages. We provide 1:1 free support sessions with a trained listener, personalized growth paths to help you feel better and online therapy with licensed therapists.

At 7 Cups we also provide online therapy with a licensed therapist. Online therapy is essentially the same as traditional therapy, except you do not have to wait to see your therapist and can connect instantly!

As soon as you arrive in the dedicated room with your therapist at 7 Cups, you are given the opportunity to share what is on your mind and will be asked questions by your therapist and encouraged to complete the Wellness Test at 7 Cups and work on Personalized Growth Paths with your therapist. Your therapist will work on a treatment plan with you in therapy which is a great way to work on your goals in therapy.

Your therapist will reflect on everything you have written and respond thoughtfully in your shared safe space at 7 Cups. If you have any questions or wish to provide feedback, this is warmly welcomed and every 2 weeks you will be encouraged to submit feedback for your therapist for you both to use to grow.

Frequently you will check-in on to see how things are going and adjust the therapy goals moving forward. Your therapist will provide you with exercises to complete during this process for your own personal growth. You will work on any mental health issues you are experiencing to develop coping skills that work for you. Online therapy at 7 Cups is tailored to your own individual needs and preferences.

Things to Know about Online Therapy at 7 Cups

• Therapy is a process, and you get what you put in! It takes time, dedication and consistency

• You can send a message to your therapist where and whenever you like and work continuously throughout the week with your therapist and not just during weekly sessions

• Therapy at 7 Cups is an affordable alternative to many other online therapy options.

How Can I find the Right Therapist at 7 Cups?

• If you want to sign up for online therapy you can do so here.

• To browse therapists, you can do so here and you can include the issues that you are seeking online therapy for by putting in your location.

Feeling better starts with a single message!

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 20th, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

This is a popular question in the listener rooms and forums, thankyou for making such an informative post, Lisa, would certainly be helpful to many people!

I hope it is alerted some time for the members, so they are more aware of the online therapy at 7 cups!

I bookmarked, in case I need to pass it over hehe!❤

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP January 22nd, 2023

@sunisshingandsoareyou We will pin this so it’s always there for people to read and I’m so glad you found it useful! Thank you for always being very supportive. I really enjoy reading your comments! 🌻

purpleSea7109 January 21st, 2023

Thank you for your help and support. XX

easyMaple3687 January 21st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

It’s extremely important to have a code of ethics for the professionals. Perhaps we could look at ways to add therapist testimonials to the therapist profiles. Thank you for the post

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP January 22nd, 2023

@eastMaple3687 Thank you! The therapists that provide services at 7 Cups have client testimonials on their profiles as we know how important it is that people can understand more about their therapists approach before they begin therapy. I hope this helps :) and each therapist adheres to a set code of ethics set by their state licensing boards/countries registration bodies which are very stringent to protect individuals in therapy.

amiablePeace77 January 21st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Thank you for this helpful post!

slowdecline48 January 22nd, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS That was informative. I just hope none of these therapists are into Freudian doctrine...I studied a bit of it some years back. Weird stuff. The last thing anyone here needs is some therapist who's determined to find the root of all your problems in badly sublimated Oedipal impulses for your opposite-gender parent when you were a child...

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP January 24th, 2023

@slowdecline48

Thank you for your reflections! We do not have therapists at 7 Cups who practice this type of psychoanalysis on their clients. During therapy, it is always important that people find the right approach for themselves, as different types of therapy have both strengths and limitations.

MoonLightShadow423 January 24th, 2023

Depends on what you need help with. I do therapy because it helps me deal with my family. Things can be out of balance at times.

enlightenedMama3632 October 16th, 2023

If someone is posting multiple times a day, how often do the therapists check in? 

soulsings October 16th, 2023

@enlightenedMama3632 that is a good question. Let me see what I can find out. 

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP October 17th, 2023

@enlightenedMama3632

This is such a good question! Thank you for sending it through. Usually, what would happen in 7 Cups online therapy is your therapist will read all of the messages you have sent and provide a thoughtful and thorough response to what you have written. I hope this helps and please let us know if you have anymore questions!

Manhera April 2nd

Hi I have been dealing with a lot of things those 3 past years and I wanted to find a therapist but my parents would prevent me from that I am still a minor I cannot go to a therapist by myself like that I am really lost and I don't know what to do anymore

soulsings April 2nd

@Manhera I am sorry that your parents will not support you in getting a therapist. Just so you know, therapy program at 7 Cups is for people 18 and older and is a paid option. But here are some free options.

For free options: You can browse for a listener. https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/ .

There are free self help guides https://www.7cups.com/supportGuides/selfHelpGuides.php

Sharing Circle is listed as one of the Group Support rooms https://www.7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php

https://www.7cups.com/forum/MindfulnessSupportCommunity_106/ResourceLibrary_1062/ Some people find that mindfulness helps them cope. The video Resource Library

If you want to try lifestyle changes in addition to seeking professional help, you might consider exercise, mindfulness, eating healthy moderate protein low carb diet, getting fresh air and either online or in real life social contact.