Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi

Mermaidgirlwattitude May 15th, 2022

Hey, I’m new here. Starting a new life after 25 yrs of marriage. I know I can do it but when you’re standing at the bottom of a mountain looking up it’s hard to believe you’ll get there. I’m moving to be closer to family so it’s job hunting and recreating a social life all at once.

Anyway, I’m an author and gamer. I had COVID in Jan and fell and broke my ankle as soon as I recovered which precipitated the move to Moms since I couldn’t do anything for myself. I decided it was time to make the change and I’m glad I did.

adventurousBranch3786 May 16th, 2022

@Mermaidgirlwattitude. Hi welcome to 50+. It sounds like you have gone through a lot all at once. Starting over after a 25 years, moving, Covid, and breaking your ankle are all difficult by themselves. I hope that all goes well with your job search and making new friends.

Mermaidgirlwattitude OP May 16th, 2022

Thanks! So far so good. It’s hard to start fresh when I thought I knew how life would go.

Mermaidgirlwattitude OP May 16th, 2022

It is overwhelming at times. And for a while I was really struggling with depression and a little suicidal ideation (which is typical of my depression and has never been a risk). I feel like I’m past the worst of it.

now I just need a job. Lol

my ankle is doing much better, thank you. It’s still stiff and achy if I walk a lot but I’m able to do most of what I want to do.

Tracey12345 May 16th, 2022

Hello its always daunting starting again… i wish you luck in all you do 😊