Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Serving Others

Mattie123 May 12th, 2022

I have found so much joy in serving others. In my case, I volunteer once a week as a spiritual mentor to an incarcerated woman in a county jail facility. We complete biblically-based workbooks and praying together. We also talk about mental health issues and encourage each other. It’s so rewarding and fulfilling.

Is anyone else serving others? If so, please share your story!

amiablePeace77 May 14th, 2022

@Mattie123

Nice to hear that you give your time to support those women in the county jail facility. I also find volunteering here at 7cups very rewarding and fulfilling. It's an amazing feeling if you know you could help someone or just give them some time to "breathe".

SunShineAlwaysGrateful March 17th, 2023

Love this sooo much! Just incredible! Joy is great thing. You are creating such a fantastic space for such great things. I bet it is rewarding indeed. Continue with the great work! 💕💕

I volunteer at my local 50 + Social group we participate in bowling, paint classes, seasonal celebrations, sewing, movies exercise classes snd field trips … I do the Secretary role and also the social media guru lol 😂 I enjoy them a bunch.

I also volunteer in a Tops weight loss group most are over 50 abd these ladies are a delight! The fellowship is great and these ladies support each other a ton.

I also volunteer here at 7cups and absolutely love it. It is great being back.

Cheri

amiablePeace77 August 27th, 2022

@diplomaticTurtle8314

Thank you for sharing this post with us, it is truly something to reflect on, particularly what you said about throwing things on the floor to express their pain. It was a blessing for them to have such a patient and understanding person like you around.

convivialShade9470 September 3rd, 2022

@diplomaticTurtle8314

This is a nice post and makes me consider volunteering at a nursing home. Thank Y ou