Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Moving out

KelliV68 March 17th, 2021

Well, there are many branches in this situation, but i will keep it short. A childhood friend moved me into his house almost 2 years ago to get me & my dog out of my car. He has since died (car accident), then covid hit and his wife has allowed me to stay since then. She hasn’t asked me for a dime and ive helped out everyday ive been in the house. But, she works alot, the house is in the country and there is no work for me in the county. Stimulus is allowing me to move out and get someplace where i have a chance at some pt income. It puts my dog & I back in the car camping mode again. It gets me closer to my sister and my storage unit. Im doing everything i can to be polite, but im lonely and feeling like a ghost. My question is this: should i pull out next week or after she gets back from another road trip in 30 days? Thanks

MidwesternCalmSeeker March 18th, 2021

That's a tough one, @KelliV68, and I can see why picking one option is hard. It's hard, as an outsider who doesn't know either of you, to give an opinion about how each path would impact both of you. If you're able to have an open discussion about feeling like it's time to move forward and make different choices, it "sounds like" she would be supportive. Take care, and be safe.

KelliV68 OP March 18th, 2021

The thing is, each time i say im heading out to check my storage unit, she get happy and asks how long i’ll be gone. Even if im just voicing that i need a road trip, she’ll ask me when im leaving. I could be going to a bigger town 3 hrs drive away to shop at a the fabric store and my thrift store and she’ll asked me without thinking if im staying in a hotel while im there. Having a conversation with her about wont be heard correctly by her. I dont want to burn this bridge with her, but i just dont know how to talk to her about it.

MidwesternCalmSeeker March 19th, 2021

If you want to chat about it I will have some time over the weekend. Let me know.