Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ex Husband (divorced since 2001)

Dooritos October 5th, 2021

So last week out of the blue my ex husband contacts me out of the blue. It's been 20 years since our divorce and 12 since the last time I ever spoke to him.

He has remarried recently and I guess he is looking to get married through the Catholic church. The problem is that he and I were married through the church and it only recognizes our marriage.

I have since left Catholicism, and he is asking to assist in the matter of annulling our marriage through the church. I have no idea why it brought up all these feelings of anxiety and panic. I think I might even be a bit angry and sad. Which is crazy because we left the relationship so long ago.

I had a hard time accepting the initial divorce but moved on after. I guess I'm just thinking about how it feels like he is trying to invalidate that our marriage was even legitimate.

I feel like I don't have a valid reason to feel this way....it just feels very odd and confused. Like umm....you don't even want him. Ugh I feel crazy

adventurousBranch3786 October 10th, 2021

@Dooritos Hi, it doesn't sound crazy to me. I can see how this situation would bring back some past feelings as well as some conflicting ones.